Spindle motors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timber

Established Member
Reaction score
Has any one used a spindle motor in a router table instead of a normal router. ?
I was told they are a lot quieter if they, have how did they fasten it to the table.

We had a customer buy an Incra Mast-R-Lift from us and fit a Chinese Spindle controlled by a VFD a few years ago. From memory he managed to fit it ok within the lifts adjustable clamps but the configuration left the cutter slightly off centre. Not a major issue unless using a bushing ring.

The VDF took some wiring/set up but he wasn't daunted by that, not something I would tackle myself.

He did a YouTube video but I can't find it at present. Not heard back from him so I assume it was ok, I do remember him getting a few negative YT comments but that's often par for the course.

The AUKTools router we have was designed for this situation, plug and play.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks for the reply Peter. What I was thinking about is a spindle motor for my Revo or Legacy 900 "Z" holder.
Don't seem to get very far though!!

If you must have a router table sized motor (no space for a real spindle moulder?) then the best industrial quality motors I feel are from Suhner in Germany. If you want it mounted in a router table the Sauter Router Lift is the best lift I have ever seen. Way better than the over engineered lumps from America.

Thanks Loz
This spindle motor is for a Legacy ornamental wood lathe to fit the Z carriage
Regards

Back