Spend my money!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PokerG

Established Member
Reaction score
Kitting out my workshop. It will be used for all manor of things but mostly furniture, aquarium and clockmaking. This will involve working with wood (obviously), some plastics, thin metals (mostly brass and aluminium) and occasionally cutting some glass.

The current plan is as follows:

Tablesaw (Probably a Scheppach TS2500ci)
Drill Press ((Floor standing no idea on make)
Powered Scroll Saw (Bench mounted for curves in multiple materials)
Watchmakers Lathe (Small lathe that probably wont be used with wood much)
CNC Router (Mostly for fancy gears for clocks, not for most woodwork jobs: Pacer Cadet 600 top of list)

I will also need a full kit of handtools.

Can anyone suggest makes for the equipment above?
What handtools I should use to complement the above?
What other equipment do you recomend? (Biscuit joiner/Mortising Attachments/Sanders/Grinders)
Can I make a simple Router table or should I buy something?

There's no Band Saw because of workshop size issues and I think I can get by for now without it. There might be room for one in the future but I don't want the place being too cramped.

I don't mind spending to get something good rather than cheap so when deciding a make chose quality instead.

Ignoring the CNC Router I probably have a £5k'ish budget and this can be stretched if I have to. (Would just mean the CNC Router would have to wait)

You guys have been so good on the other posts I thought I would trust you with everything else.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary

If you're going to be using your fretsaw for making clocks, I'd suggest that you consider a Diamondfretsaw, especially with the tool bridge accessory. You'll find it'll go a long way towards making up for the absence of a bandsaw in your workshop, too.

Gill

Very little Neil, the whole room is about 19ft x 9ft. There will be storage cupboards for overflow from the house along one wall which will bring the space down to about 17ft x 9ft.

Thanks for the idea about the Diamond fretsaw, will have a look.

Gary

Latest posts

Back