Spehar Toolworks Tenon Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Had an early Chrimbo present delivered yesterday.
spehar2.jpg

It's a hand made tenon saw by Vlad Spehar of Spehar Toolworks, Toronto Canada. Web site is : www.spehar-toolworks.com
I supplied details of my hand size-width of hand, length of middle finger from wrist ,etc. He then makes the handle to fit my hand!

spehar3.jpg

The handle is made from Rosewood.
The brass back is interesting-it's a two part instead of bent brass back. The brass is epoxied to the blade (Swedish spring steel) and then brass rivetted through the blade. It makes for a really stiff back.
spehar5.jpg

In use the saw is great-the weight of the saw makes starting the cut really easy, and it cuts straight and clean. I am very happy! :D

spehar4.jpg

Here's a pic of it with my L-N dovetail saw. It is a good size (12 inch blade)
Its worth a look if you are in the market for a tenon saw and it compares really well with the Lie-Nielsen.
cost was $125 plus P+P.

regards
Philly :D

Philly, every day I look at the forum you seem to have a new tool! :shock:

Looks fantastic! :D

NeilCFD

Sorry Guys!
You know what it's like-you wait for ages for a parcel to turn up and then 3 turn up at once....... :roll:
Cheers

Philly,

It looks very nice indeed. Now all you need is one of those tee shirts that says "He who dies with most tools wins"

On second thoughts maybe it should just say "I've won!"

Philly":1lzzf19j said:
Sorry Guys!
You know what it's like-you wait for ages for a parcel to turn up and then 3 turn up at once....... :roll:
Funny, never happens to me...
ermmm.gif

Tsk, I'd forgotten it was a tenon saw; thus making my feeble emailed joke null and void. Sigh. 'Tis a fair beauty, right enough. Not usual to have an open handle on a tenon saw; distinctive - if the handle wasn't distinctive enough all by itself. Hmm, got a feeling I've got a 12" tenon saw waiting for a clean up... I might be sufficiently inspired to dig out the elbow grease and clean it up. Should I thank you, or curse you...?
rolleyes.gif

Cheers, Alf

Philly, are you left-handed?

Very nice BTW. Any particular reason for choosing over the Adria small tenon saw, apart from deeper blade that is?

Ike

Thanks All!
Alf, Emailed joke was not a total loss-I enjoyed it :lol:
I like the open handle (had the choice of either, obviously!) :D
Chris,
Can I borrow your t-shirt?? :lol:
Ike
Nope, right-hooker. The notch is for my thumb. I liked the Adria (bit TOO close to the L-N for my liking though. Did somebody say rip-off.......... :roll: ) The price came into it, too. For the money a saw made just for me wins out!

Promise (kinda 8) ) to keep the gloatage down for the near future!
cheers

Hi Philly

Philly":2lj92qxf said:
Sorry Guys!

Err, no.

BTW, it looks wonderful.

Cheers
Neil

PS And I didn't mention the C word once. :wink:

Philly

If only I had your money......

Very nice looking saw indeed :mrgreen:

Philly..... admit it.... yer a toe rag.... an nae just an ordinary toe rag.... yer a flash pipper t boot... ;P~~

damn fine lookin saw though.... just remember to use it rather than drool over it every now an again... :wink:

Philly

Even at that price, you know you can't just push through wood as in pic 3 above don't you? :lol:

Lovely looking saw - enjoy it!

Cheers

Gidon

Back