Speed Genie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all , anyone know what is going on at Hadock Converters .Ihave been trying to make contact with them for the past two days .All kinds of everything is coming at me when I try to get their Web site . :shock:
They are the agents for Speed Genie .

Well done Pete ,you spoted the delibrate mistak . :oops: :oops:
Have got their website thanks to you .If it costs me money your to blame . :lol: :lol:

is hadock converters similar to cash converters?

swap your unwanted goods for a stack of fish? :lol:

adidat

adidat":11p3lwez said:
is hadcock converters similar to cash converters?

swap your unwanted goods for a stack of fish? :lol:

adidat
No too small a scale.

I think I can smell something fishy about thist post , :lol: so I will move on to another question.
Can I get a stop /start thingy rigged up to my lathe . One of those that you can stick on the lathe bed .
I have a converter fitted to my lathe can it be worked off that .Where can I get one Pls.

Can I get a stop /start thingy rigged up to my lathe . One of those that you can stick on the lathe bed .
I have a converter fitted to my lathe can it be worked off that .Where can I get one Pls.

Well as the where abouts for buying one of the above seems to be a seceret ,I tried to contact Speed Genie several times over the last few working days and got diddley squat, Not answering phones or emails .
Contacted Drives Direct and they asked for a wireing diagram which I never got . The are doing there best to help but cant take a chance supplying without a diagram .
Oh well will soldier on with what I have , only one of them switches would make it so easier for me . :roll:

Mornin' In my experience 'Speed Genie' generally use Teco Minicon inverters. I used them myself to add speed control to both my lathes.

Don't know if it is possible to wire another set of controls into the same connectors that are already there, would need a 'sparky's' advice on this. My opinion is that all you need on a wandering control is stop/start, speed, and emergency stop, all the other switches can be left on the main box.

If you check inside your main box you will be able to see which inverter is living in there. Must warn you Speed Genie tend to relabel the inverter with their own label, which does confuse the issue a little.

As I said, the one I was able to look at used a
minicon.jpg
Manual here.

Wish you luck getting it sorted.

Hi TEP, good to hear from you , looked inside my box and it's exacetly the same as yours ,except the make is
WEG. CFW 10 , Easydrive .Everything looks the same as the one you have shown .
So if I get a sparks he should know what to get and rig her up . :lol:

Thanks again TAM .

Update ,
Speed Genie have just got in contact with me and are supplingwhat I need.
Thanks to all who helped out.

Back