Speed control?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an old Hitachi M12V router that I removed the speed control module when it gave out and I want to mount it in a table. Does anyone know if I could buy a speed controller to fit in the lead to slow it down? As you can imagine it is far too fast for larger cutters as it is. A new speed control module is pretty expensive hence the reason I haven't replaced it.

It wont work that well.

A) A separate controller needs to be matched to the motor for usable results
B) the integral controller has feedback from the shaft speed to try and keep it constant. This makes it much more effective.

I'm afraid it really makes sense tot dip in your pocket or maybe the price of spares is such that picking up a used machine will work out cheaper? Bear in mind that failure of speed controller is a common fault and second hand ones might be sold because the controller is dead. Before you ask, they are sealed modules and not repairable.

Bob

Thanks for the info Bob. Yes I do know they are sealed units and I have had another Hitachi do exactly the same so I bought this one second hand for that reason but now this has also gone wrong. Looks like I will have to buy another router then. :roll:

Latest posts

Back