Specially for Alf ..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 1/2 Lb blade blimey
how long would that take to resharpen using scary sharp!
tormek will need another jig (hoho)
dave w

:D :D :D :D
this blade is likely to induce chatter in your bench before vibrating itself. Blades are shipped with a pyramidal storage box, to keep the edge at it's sharpest when not in use.

ho ho ho.

Very good. I didn't see much good stuff yesterday? Anyone get stitched up?

A village nearby woke up to planning applications for a lap-dancing club on the telephone polls, none of the oldies wondered what day it might be!

Adam

Yeah, a finely honed April Fool's that one. Any regulars on WoodCentral will have got the advance notice of that "announcement" about 10 days ago. At the time I did wonder if it could be an April Fool's and yet, just for a moment, I was had. Oh the shame :oops: Of course it's a testament to Lee Valley's innovative approach to their planes that for a moment people did really believe it possible. Well, that's my story... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

oh my god,

got me hook line sinker and copy of anglers mail!

DOH!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Signal

asleitch":2k7540iz said:
ho ho ho.

Very good. I didn't see much good stuff yesterday? Anyone get stitched up?

A village nearby woke up to planning applications for a lap-dancing club on the telephone polls, none of the oldies wondered what day it might be!

Adam

The leicester mercury (newspaper) ran a story about changing the city's name :)

Just for info, Rob Lee posted last night on the Woodnet forums that the plane is real - one of their impending launches - and only the iron and knob were faked.

So you galoots are permitted a partial drool :)

Wood the plane work ?

What wood the drawbacks be?

ummmmmmm..... Sawdust Producer..

given the angle that the blade's been sharpened at.... I'd reckon that IF you survived a morning with this in your hands, your fore-arms would have a greater girth than your waist in no time....
But it'd give purple heart a run for its money though...

Ahem.....

just a thought... I wonder if it's cryogenically (sp) hardened...????

Hi Sig,

You and me both! What edition of Angler's Mail was it?

I must say, my opinion of Veritas has improved greatly. I like people who don't take themselves too seriously, and for a company to do the same is excellent.

Steve

Back