SPECIAL DEAL ON T TRACK + BITS @ ROCKLER

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Has anybody had any experience of ordering from Rockler ?? and on average how long does the order take to arrive ?

Also if duty is incured (i'm assuming it's17.5%) is it payable on the value of the goods or the total order.

Thanks

Hi Nailer,
I had Rockler deliver an order to Ireland a couple of months ago. They estimated it would take up to 8 weeks, if I recall correctly, but it arrived within a few days.

As far as I can remember, it arrived via the local postal service here (rather than a shipping company, as such) - they should, and sometimes/usually do, apply import duty (about 5% or 6% here) and VAT (21% here) to all deliveries from outside of the EU, but sometimes things seem to get through without being charged for. I would imagine the same charges apply in the UK, although the percentages may be different.

Also, over here we get charged import duty and VAT on the entire order (the value of the order plus the cost of delivery), and I would imagine that also applies elsewhere in Europe.

Cheers for the info Pooka.......i'm just trying to way up whether its worth placing an order with all the duty etc that could be incured............because if somebodys going to get away with it.....as a rule it won't be me :D

Thanks again

Hi Nailer

Nailer":3iv6ultf said:
Cheers for the info Pooka.......i'm just trying to way up whether its worth placing an order with all the duty etc that could be incurred...

Having worked out the figures I think it's debatable.

For three sets and another small item which, in total, came to 64usd the carriage was 40usd by surface parcel post. :shock:

Ouch.

Cheers
Neil

I found their shipping quote to be excessive

Nailer

You'll possibly get clobbered for (a) import duty (b) VAT and the triple whammy (c) a 'release charge' of £13 by ExtortionForce aka ParcelFarce

Roger

Yeah, I forgot to mention the delivery costs that I incurred. When I put through an order which came to about $200, the delivery quotes were $65 for Parcel Post Surface and $120 for Parcel Post Air. The stupid thing is, it still worked out cheaper than getting comparable stuff here (in fact, most of the stuff that I got isn't even available here). I chose Parcel Post Air, by the way - I checked the delivery docket at home last night and it got here 3 days after they shipped it, which is better than most shipping companies that I have used in the past.

Having said that, my original order had included some Bessey K-body clamps (Rockler have the best prices I have seen for those). The order came to about $350 and the Parcel Post Air charge was about $330. After I had picked my jaw up off the ground, I removed the Bessey's from the order, and a couple of other large/heavy things, and ended up with the delivery charges above.

Incidentally, Rockler are currently selling the Bessey K-body clamp kit for $120, which is 20% off their usual price. I am currently waiting on a delivery quote for my order, which includes that kit - my jaw is anticipating further trauma!

Cheers for the replys guy's.....having placed my order ( on hind sight a little hasty methinks) i await the financial clobbering from the various agencys/companys :(

Oh well...i'll put this one down to experence and continue to pay through the nose for my tools and equipment in this country.

thanks again

kev

So i ordered the t track kit went for surface mail (estimate 4 to 8 weeks) on the 11may cost £18.71 received on 19 may .Small label on track said made in taiwan.
No problem with customs. so a reasonable deal i think

Hi all

Just when you think it's gone quiet on the "T"Track front, another company enters the fray.

I've just received the Tilgear summer flyer and they are now selling 3/4" "T" Track @ iirc 9.45 for four foot. It didn't mention accessories.

Cheers
Neil

You always have to pay vat unless you are registered for VAT in another country - i.e. if I buy something from the UK into Ireland through my company then I don't pay UK VAT on it - to be honest I can't remember what happens to the VAT, I just send all the invoices to the accountant!

Fair enough! My mind happened to be focused on last months accounts when you posted it!

Are you sugesting that there is no added value over here :D

Back