speaking of pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Byrne

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a pic taken inside Yellowstone National Park in Wymoning.
If you get a chance to take the trip, I think it will be worth your time and money. :D
32cd7601.jpg

Travis

That's a gorgeous picture. It's always been an ambition of mine to visit Yellowstone. One day...

:)

Gill

Wow - absolutely stunning.

Yellowstone has been on my list of places to visit in the USa for some time. The problem is that it is quite an extensive list. Seeing your picture has just jumped Yellowstone to very near the top.

Now if I could just stop referring to is as Jellystone Park..... that d*mn Yogi bear has a lot to answer for!!! :evil:

Incidentally, I was reading recently that the whole of Yellowstone park is one enormous volcano, which is about 20,000 years overdue for an eruption. Apparently if it does blow, it would wipe out most of the life on earth! :shock: :shock: :cry:

(Bill Bryson's a Short History of Nearly Everything if you are interested).

Regards

Gary

Taffy Turner":1qe65pfb said:
Incidentally, I was reading recently that the whole of Yellowstone park is one enormous volcano, which is about 20,000 years overdue for an eruption. Apparently if it does blow, it would wipe out most of the life on earth! :shock: :shock: :cry:

Now if that isn't the ultimate justification for blowing the savings on that all singing all dancing dado-capable, spindle-moulding, cast-iron, non-vibrating, low-angle, Lie-Nielson timber discombobulator, then I don't know what is! :twisted:

V.

its just like wales bootiful . cyc well at least you have got the water and blue sky's when its not raining :wink: :wink:

I spent some time on the praries in Canada, just north of Montana, a few years ago when film was still the camera norm, as opposed to digital. Took a fair few pics, and sent them all off to be developed on return. When I got them back, I was irritated to see that the lab had screwed up - the colour balance was out on all of them. I took them back, and it was gently pointed out to me that the reason why the sky was such a vivid blue was the complete lack of pollution in the atmosphere...

Now I wear my fine air filter whenever I go out in England... :roll:

Hi Travis,

Been there! Back in the eighties I toured Yellowstone National Park amongst others, including the Grand Canyon. I found Yellowstone truly magnificent - and saw 'proper' bears! My abiding memories are of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, I believe it is called, and the spectacular waterfall at the head of the canyon. Also walking along the boarded walkways over the hot water geysers and the bubbling sulphur pools. There was definitely the feeling then that there was potential for something huge to happen and the recent 'Super Volcano' programme I watched brought it all back to me.

We left Yellowstone, on a self-drive, please-ourselves trip, at the exit which took us into the Grand Tetons National Park - also magnificent in its own right - and on into Cody. Home of W.H. Cody, aka Buffalo Bill, where at that time the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show was still held. The museum there was particularly fascinating. Would like to go back there one day. I thoroughly recommend it to anybody with an inkling to go.

Cheers,

Trev.

Back