Speaker encloure build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dlyxover

Established Member
Reaction score
I've recently been build a batch of speakers enclosures.

All machining was done with a hand router and templates for the recesses and cut outs.

IMG_6780_zpsiyhperpe.jpg

IMG_6800_zpsurqz4mos.jpg

IMG_6827_zpsxxqg2gqk.jpg

prototype complete
IMG_6824_zps8jkiugjj.jpg

IMG_6826_zpskgzbqtd5.jpg

IMG_6824_zps8jkiugjj.jpg

8 units assembled
IMG_6846_zpsn8ykogod.jpg

IMG_6847_zpsrk1vo6ov.jpg

IMG_6848_zpsplh5tzty.jpg

Threaded inserts and tee nuts were installed prior to assembly as well as the ports, the handle back, inside of the handles were sprayed black, screw and glued.

Will be spraying them with a paint called Warnex, its very thick and spayed with a pressure pot sprayer.
It will give a textured, splatter finish with a satin appearance which is hard wearing.

Where are you sourcing the drivers from ?

Are you installing internal baffling around the bass port (the rectangular hole, I assume) ? Other wise you'll get a chuffing sound accompanying bass-heavy music. Especially the the size of the driver it looks like you're using !

Will they be 2 way, 2.5 way or 3 way ?

I've always been tempted to give this a try.

Gary

Hi Gary

They are 2 way cabinets the rectangular hole is for the HF horn and round hole for a 12" driver.
I've got the drivers from Lean business they are BMS Neo drivers.
The enclosure will be line with wadding.

With extremely bass heavy music yes some port noise will occur if you don't use a high pass filter to roll the low end off.
I'll be using them as stage monitors so extreme low end content will not bee needed, when you as a PA system the will have subs underneath them taking care of the low end.

Back