Spax screws?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use nothing else - but i just buy them from the local builders providers (had to shop around a bit, but most builders providers stock them) and with cheap ryanair flights you could nearly get them cheaper then paying the postage from axminster.. :D

Dave, if you're used to paying a 10er per hundred from B & Q forking out 20 odd pound for a 1,000 screws or so and 3 quid of postage shouldn't be a problem. Fuel, wear and tear and hassle going to B & Q? No brainer, IMHO.

Noel

Ive used spax for years here in Dublin until i found out about Wurth screws with the star heads , you dont even have to apply any pressure when driving 5 x 100s they just fly in and cost more or less the same
Do yourselves a favour and look out for them im sure they must sell them on the Mainland too :lol:
Cheers Steve

I guess that the star head screws are the same as the Torx Head Screws I use. Superb like everybody else has said no effort required to drive the screws in unlike Pozi's. I have used 4 boxes so far and no slippage yet.

Bean

Can anyone recommend a make of Torx bit - I've tried several types of Torx head screws and they all seem to vary very slightly from the head I've got (although its suposedly the right size). I'm assuming now I've read how positive these responses are that it may well be something to do with the bit I've got and not the screws!!

Thanks

Tim

Tim

Over here in the states, i buy the torx screws by the box and included in the box is a torx bit. Maybe you might find some bits if you buy by the box. The bit is short and may need a short extension. Good Luck

Travis

S'funny but I never have a problem with Pozidrive screws slipping. I generally find that the 4 lb lump hammer is slightly easier to use than the sledge :p

I'm glad you got them -

Real solid proof that the internet and warehouse style chains don't necessairily mean "good value"

a bit late now but any small/large orders up to 31st march are free at www.toolstation.com

no, I'm not on commision but its too good to miss imo especially if its just for a couple of quid

I know this is resurecting a topic, but can anyone advise a supplier of these 'raved about' Wurth screws.

Thanks

John

Freetochat":uhk1iitl said:
I know this is resurecting a topic, but can anyone advise a supplier of these 'raved about' Wurth screws.

Thanks

John
An Internet search found WinzerWurth at Godalming (link: http://www.winzerwurth.co.uk/winzer.nsf ). Go to "Products" then "Catalogue" then "Enter" then "Assembling/Wood Screws" then "Assy" - but it looks like they're trade only, if that's any help.

Ray.

Thanks Ray for the info. Spoke with the company and their local rep. Sample screws being dropped into me tomorrow by the rep. You were correct, direct selling only, but minimum orders not required and they will sell to me no problems.

Back