spalted collection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
here are this months vase and a bowl, open for ridicule, sorry, criticism :D - different woods but from same fungus ridden wood pile :)
i think the bowl may be ash, but only because it was a fairly large lump o wood to start with and the only big trees we have are ash and oak. and i dont think its oak.
spalted collection1.JPG

spalted bowl3.JPG

spalted bowl2.JPG

salted bowl1.JPG

spalted bowl.JPG

excuse the photography, i need a bigger crisp box :)

Attachments

• spalted collection1.JPG
    spalted collection1.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 1,120
  • salted bowl1.JPG
    salted bowl1.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 750
  • spalted bowl.JPG
    spalted bowl.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 1,020
  • spalted bowl2.JPG
    spalted bowl2.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 1,042
  • spalted bowl3.JPG
    spalted bowl3.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 1,155
The bowl looks very much like sycamore to me, the vase could well be ash but not certain about that.

Cheers, Paul

That bowl is wicked nev. The vase is great, but the bowl's the one I would buy - just something about the chunkiness and shape. I think you got it spot on.

cheers guys.
the bowl was a second go, first attempt didnt look quite right and got the usual comments of 'not going to get much in there'
spalted bowlearlier.JPG

sycamore has maple style leaves, yes? and helicopters? there are one or two around here (there used to be three :D )

Attachments

• spalted bowlearlier.JPG
    spalted bowlearlier.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 703
nev":32i0gzv9 said:
sycamore has maple style leaves, yes? and helicopters?

Yes it does..

Looks like you need to get yourself a tree ID book Nev. I got mine a few weeks back and take it everywhere to impress with my knowledge. I spent several minutes working out that a tree was definitely some sort of oak while out for a walk with the family on Saturday. Just as I started to work out what the one next to it was...the wife told me patiently it was a hazel. Took me a good few minutes to confirm she was right. :)

Back