Southwest Forest Wood Fair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
So anybody going?

Here's a link to the website, but it seems to be defunct (drowned in hits maybe?). 10am-5pm Saturday 10th July, Roadford "Lake" off the A30 'twixt Launceston and Okehampton. It's only just over the border, so I hope to make it, weather permitting, and give the ol' galoot hat an airing. Alas, there's an admission charge :( , but you can't have everything. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

As punishment for showing so many planes of the SAME type, I'd like a photo of each project for which you've used each one :lol:

Adam, who only has 1 of every plane.

Alf

My Avatar chokes in the dust of your masterpiece :lol:

Cheers

Tony

Gidon, how'd you do dat? :? Ta muchly. Local food and drink too huh? Mmmmmmm. :D

Adam":3p3qmugy said:
As punishment for showing so many planes of the SAME type, I'd like a photo of each project for which you've used each one
Yeah, so would I... :oops:

Cheers, Alf

<Gratuitous larger image> :wink:
largeshaves.jpg

Alf - just click on the cached link underneath the returned hits in
Google. A very handy little feature of Google - that I now couldn't do without!

Cheers

Gidon

(This gloat business is getting out of hand!)

gidon":gj9jvik2 said:
Alf - just click on the cached link underneath the returned hits in
Google. A very handy little feature of Google - that I now couldn't do without!

Often it's quicker to view the google cache of a website, than a website running slow. I'm surprised a net-savvy lady like yourself hasn't come across that one before? You are using google images aren't you? And How about google translator and google calculator - that has to be the best of all.

For example, try typing into google

"0x7d3 in roman numerals"

and it gives the answer "MMIII". Fantastic

Or how about "400 litres in teaspoons" gives the answer "81 153.6541 US teaspoons"

And froogle is a must when you are searching for prices...? www.froogle.com?

And this is partiocularly useful when searching an obscure topic...

"Who Links To You?

Some words, when followed by a colon, have special meanings to Google. One such word for Google is the link: operator. The query link:siteURL shows you all the pages that point to that URL. For example, link:www.google.com will show you all the pages that point to Google's home page. You cannot combine a link: search with a regular keyword search."

And for star-trek nuts, you can even get your results in Klingon...

http://www.google.com/intl/xx-klingon/

Or "elmer fudd!

http://www.google.com/intl/xx-elmer/

Adam, (a google fanatic!)

Well I know about the cached link, I just couldn't produce a search that linked to that page at all. :roll: I must be losing my touch... On the other hand, at least I didn't know about the Klingon thing, so I'm not an entirely hopeless case. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Back