South West Forest WoodFair July 9th

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
What it says in the subject line. No tailed demons to speak of, but lots of green woodworking, bodging, timber framing, some really nice locally-made furniture on display and hands tools for sale (at least Mike Hancock of Classic Handtools was there last year, plus Chris White formerly of Bosham Toolshop and a guy with loads of billhooks). Also Anton Coaker planking some timber before your very eyes, local food etc etc. Assuming it isn't bucketing down with rain as it was when I went last year, I'm booked in with TPTB to go. Any other south-westerly folks planning to?

Cheers, Alf

Alf, perhaps I've missed it in my rush, but couldn't see any mention of Roadford Lake on their website. But I'd be keen to go if it's near Holsworthy, it's only 20 miles from home. Any clues?

Regards, John

Ignore me - I've found it! Not small, is it? For anyone else looking for it, Roadford Lake is the largest lake in the South West, on the Launceston to Okehampton road.

Anyone else going?

John

frank":1tgd3xhv said:
gawd thats way down sarfe guv :shock: :shock:

And I bet they wouldn't let us Northerners (Worcestershire - north? It's a matter of relativity, I suppose) past the border guards unless we wiped the woad off our faces first. You know how sensitive these Southerners can be ;) :) .

Gill

Back