South of England suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryClaus

Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of this esteemed forum,

As a new turner I have trawled many forums and websites looking for a woodturning supplier in the central South area of Hampshire.

I am based in Clanfield (north of Portsmouth) and there seems to be a distinct lack of suppliers in the area that I can go to without packing a picnic for a day out. I am looking for tools, accessories and timber. Call me old fashioned but I like to browse and see what I am buying. I have been caught out a few times purchasing online!

I have found WL West near Midhurst, John Davis at Andover (yet to visit) and CRM in Waterlooville who have a very limited stock. I know Axminster is in the South but Devon is still a 3 hour drive away.

Are there any others locally that I have not heard of?

Thanks a lot for your very rapid response. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the show as I am away until 3rd June but I will try to get to the shop in Didcot when I get back.

Tonbridge, Kent - large range high quality boards of exotics, superb best quality turning blanks in the country, limited tools, very dry sense of humour, Bob Smith runs Timberline, www.exotichardwoods.co.uk. Not cheap but it is exceptional quality. And for a day out he's half an hour or less from Axminster at Sittingbourne. Dont know how far it is from you but worth a visit.

Stiles and Bates, Dover, again multimap.com will reveal how far they are from you.

Hi,
Axminster also have a store in High Wycombe which is about 1 1/2hrs from you but personally I would have a trip out to Stiles and Bates in Sutton (Dover) although this is about 2 1/2 hrs from you. Great supply of blanks, lots of tools and a friendly staff who know what they are talking about.

Steve

Slightly closer is John Davis who is near Andover - johndaviswoodturning.co.uk

Blister":3i5v2fkp said:
As always at our shows, you'll find we deliver
Free Entry, Free Parking, Free Demonstrations and Free Refreshments

Blister are you involved with the toolpost then?

Latest posts

Back