Sous Vide Recipes. What are your best/favourite/proven uses? All suggestions welcome.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the talk of just salt, pepper and butter ........... I hope you've all tried white peppercorns in a mill. A totally different taste, wonderful especially with eggs, and different altogether to the horrible stale ground stuff. Not very common, but worth getting in. Grains of paradise are excellent as well.
https://www.buywholefoodsonline.co....hT9sRU701hU_cOlMuim_znxFTea5SlmhoCBJIQAvD_BwE
Incidentally, a very good firm to buy from. Some stuff is expensive (flour for one) but for herbs and spices they are brilliant. You don't realise how old and stale some of the little supermarket jars are. Sign up for the mailshots and there's a freebie on (usually) £30 orders every week. £30 gets you free P&P.

You'll get no criticism from me, you enjoy your food the way you like it and I'll enjoy mine the way I like it. If you come to my house I'll do my best to accommodate you, unless you are vegan in which case don't come over ;)
I don't like the tone of this post Rorcharch. There is no need for it.
In the first weeks of the the last lockdown when everyone and their dog was panic buying and in terror of zombies I fortuitously placed an ad in the well known magazine, Vegan Weekly. I offered free two half pound bags of mung beans and 2 soya latte substitutes for whoever could come over and lift all that up at once as a sort of competition/catfish temptation.
I had six applicants within a 2 days.
All of them well meaning, polite but more importantly severely lacking in iron.
They had no strength to fight back as my 6 year old lass easily held them down and I butchered them (humanely obviously!) for the pot.

I only mention this because we are going into second temp lockdown. The freezer is pretty well full after some local families ignored halloween trick or treat restrictions but you never know. If the lockdown is extended again has any one got any vegan friends that like travel, are fun to meet and open to new experiences?

Am I the only one who had to google what sous-vide was? o_O

Anyone else notice they have stopped serving fish and chips in newspaper ................ I hate change.

Am I the only one who had to google what sous-vide was? o_O

Anyone else notice they have stopped serving fish and chips in newspaper ................ I hate change.

You obviously ain't been to a chippy this decade, or this century for that matter! :LOL:

To be honest Gary, I'm by no means a 'foodie' but I do have a deep seated desire to make any meat that I eat taste better. If I can do that with little/processional or no change to the effort I already put in then I will enjoy it even more.
Gary ....you aren't a vegan are you?
Fancy a daytrip to mine?

To be honest Gary, I'm by no means a 'foodie' but I do have a deep seated desire to make any meat that I eat taste better. If I can do that with little/processional or no change to the effort I already put in then I will enjoy it even more.
Gary ....you aren't a vegan are you?
Fancy a daytrip to mine?

Chris I will hopefully take you up on that but it is conditional.
1) It will be sometime in the new year, probably summer.
2) You don't have me as your sous chef.
3) I will not be expected to wash up the dishes.
4) You will not expect me to take the dog out for a walk.
5) There will be lots of meat.
6) Zero talk of Vegan.
7) We both look up at the sky :D :D :D ( You know what that means)
Apart from those we will sort something out.
Gary

Although my wife, has gone down this ‘space age’ cooking route, which I will not knock. I go with the BBQ grill every time. Even in the rain/snow under the lean-to.

Most of my weekly budget for meat goes on ribeye steak. Tender, flavoursome and cooked medium rare, I think it's value for money. When I want a roast joint, I prefer lamb and pork.

John

Most of my weekly budget for meat goes on ribeye steak. Tender, flavoursome and cooked medium rare, I think it's value for money. When I want a roast joint, I prefer lamb and pork.

John
I can't see much point in eating any of the other inferior cuts either John. 😁 Well marbled rib eye is the thing.

Indeed Bm.
Although my Christmas lunch is now a Beef Wellington, for which I prefer a middle cut fillet. I lash out for enough fillet to make four individual, 'Wellingtons'. I freeze them down and they last me for special occasions.

Par excellence! For which I thank my Lady wife who showed me how!

John

By cooking a steak right through, as if it were the outside of a roast joint, you’re buying a much more expensive cut and eating it like a cheaper cut.
True
“Properly cooked” doesn’t always mean cooked right through
That is not true, properly cooked means exactly that. The difference is in the opinion of the temperature you need to get to for it to be “properly cooked“
I go for about 56C for pork it looks a bit like this
CECB1D99-8651-4FDD-961B-8380D3BE69EA.jpeg
If it were not Sous Vide it would be dangerously undercooked

I don’t generally go for beef as the beef here isn’t very good.

Back