Sourcing Hardwood Plugs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chronosoft

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am after about 1500 10mm tapered hardwood plugs and around 500 tapered 13mm plugs, also hardwood.

I am helping to restore a boat and the hull now needs plugging, and we have tried plug cutters and its going to be a very long job! Anyone know where I can source the above from (Axminster have some pine-ish things) but I must use hardwood.

Best regards and thanks in advance

David

If I'm not making my own, (does not take too long with a drill press) then I use Alan F Richins, they are the same make that most of the big timber suppliers like Travis, Alsfords etc keep.

Jason

I can vouch for the guys at Plug-It I've used them once or twice for some 10mm oak dowel. It's amazing just how much you seem to go through!.....anyhow they are really helpful guys and will tend to help you out anyway they can.......

SimonA

David

Let us know how you get on with Plug it but if you have no joy then a lot of deck manufacturers in the States also produce plugs in big bag quantities for plugging screwholes in decks. These tend to be hardwood as well.

I'll see if I can find the links that I have for a couple.

Cheers

Tim

Guys - you are amazing - many many thanks, i will give plug it a ring :)

Great name don't you agree.

All the best

David

Back