Sources of kiln dried hardwood less than 1"?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Kitchener

Established Member
Reaction score
I mostly buy American hardwoods and as I mostly take them down to 21mm then as the boards are always a bit more than 25mm I can get 21mm easily.

But I now want to do some thinner stuff, 15mm and below, and that's a lot of planing if I have to start with 1" nominal boards. None of my suppliers list anything thinner and Google results are filled with irrelevant stuff, so does anybody know of a source?

Thanks in advance.

You might find a decent timber yard that will rip a thicker piece down for you if you are not equipped to do it.

It's not that I'm not equipped to do resawing, or hadn't thought of it, it's that I don't want to do it.

So if anyone knows of a supplier of material that is less than nominal 1" then I'm interested to hear about them.

Hi, The yard I go to sells three-quarter inch but it’s actually slightly more expensive than the inch, luckily they are quite competitive to start with, whether they will have any in stock you will need to check and it’s not all that handy for Aylesbury! The name of the yard is SH Somerscales Ltd in Keelby North East Lincolnshire. (01469) 560704 as an example quartersawn 20 mm/0.75 inch kilndried is £42.52 plus VAT per cubic foot unless things have changed recently, prime quality for the same is £33. Pm me if you want any more details. Ian

LOL.

I was talking to my metal fabricator today and complaining that timber prices have risen 20/30 %.

He said some of his steel prices have doubled since last year. o_O
That’s hard, but I was there a fortnight ago and still the same prices, In fact I can’t remember the last time they went up there.

Latest posts

Back