Source of boxwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
I visited Stourhead today - it's always worth a visit, as it has so many some spectacular trees, which are looking their best as the autumn colours come on. There is also some notable Chippendale furniture in the house.

But the point of this post is that I was pleased to see that the gift shop includes 3"x3" chestnut posts (£5) noble fir boards (about 2" x 8") for £10 and a selection of logs for turning, including laburnum and yew (which might be a bit too spalted) and some box at £5 a piece. I bought a slightly thicker bit than is shown in the picture, but there should be more available.
IMG_5384.jpg

Sorry Jim, that's the first time I've visited Stourhead in years.

If I'd known in advance the boxwood was going to be available I could have bought up some extra bits - but I sort of thought you'd got plenty of box any way?

AndyT":2xn2gaxx said:
Sorry Jim, that's the first time I've visited Stourhead in years.

If I'd known in advance the boxwood was going to be available I could have bought up some extra bits - but I sort of thought you'd got plenty of box any way?

No worries mate... :wink:

You can never have enough boxwood!!! :mrgreen:

Jim

Back