Source for flexible hoze?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm looking for a reasonable source for 63mm (2.5 inch) flexible hose, I can't understand why it is so expensive. £7 to £10 per metre, depending on whether it's grey or clear, seems excessive. The best I have found so far is Rutlands at £14.95 inc VAT for 10 feet of clear hose.

Any suggestions?

Wulf

wulfric":2q7ceveg said:
The best I have found so far is Rutlands at £14.95 inc VAT for 10 feet of clear hose.

Any suggestions?
Don't go to Rutlands...? :lol:

Seriously though, I think it's Charnwood(?) that tends to often crop up as a good source. Or is it Camvac... Pretty sure it begins with "C" anyway. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

If you have a ARCO locally they often have it on shelf and will offer a discount of you phone first. Sell by the metre.

May not be the cheapest but if you have to factor in postage then may work out OK.

Cheers

Sam

Thanks everybody, this was really helpful. I never thought of searching for 'ducting'.

A bit of surfing last night made me realise that this is expensive stuff even at wholesale prices. I can't make do without it so I'll just have to 'pay up & look big'

So Alf, what's the problem with Rutlands, do I detect a certain lack of customer satisfaction?

Wulf

wulfric":3fj4kfj9 said:
So Alf, what's the problem with Rutlands, do I detect a certain lack of customer satisfaction?
A "search for all terms" on "Rutlands" and "service" might be illuminating. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

wulfric":1cbp8aif said:

I think most people have a "war story" involving Rutlands. The worst abuse is when they take money from your credit card without having the goods in stock.

Cheers
Neil

Back