Sound Proofing Ruthlands Extractor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulkane1

Established Member
Reaction score
Has any members on this Forum,had any success in reducing the noise level coming from the Ruthlands 50 liter Extractor. I'm told they have great suction power,but,I find the noise levels too high,I want to make a Noise -Reducing cabinet,too help aid reducing noise level.Could someone tell me what is the best method-materials to use ? if ,they have had success in reducing the noise level ,from the said same extractor?all links to show me how to construct the cabinet would be appreciated,Also,has anyone used this extractor ,to,draw chips and dust ,over say 4 meters,(width of my workshop)so that I can use it as the main extractor for all my machines,All help and advise would be appreciated.

Yours Kindly Paul

If its the same as the SIP 50 litre then it will clear up everything that can go up the hose.
I bitterly regret not replacing mine when the motor died (the alternative replacement I bought is rubbish).
I made an enclosure from 22 mm mdf and greatly reduced the noise levels. There are many utube vids showing how to make the cabinets. Most use expensive honeycomb foam on the inside, but I just used old blankets, loosely fastened to the inside surfaces.

Back