Sound for a £1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am sure that most of you have come across a company called Warehouse Direct, but even if just a few of you save some money from them it was worth posting this message.

Their catalogue starts with 59 pages of products that cost just a £1. For instance all of the following will cost just 100 of your pennies, a 5 piece titanium twist drill set, a 4 piece flat bit set for. A 12 and a 10 piece power bit set, 3 wood chisel's, a 20" and 22" hardpoint saws. They also have sets of spring clamps, f clamps, and ratchet bar spreader clamps again for a £1 per set. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
Now i am not claiming that the above are top class goods because i have no idea how good they are, but if they only lasted for a few projects that cannot be bad.

Some of there other products are not badly priced either

The reason i sent off for their catalogue was the price of their latex gloves. They are selling these for £6 per 100 (other stores charge £4.00 for 10) and these are very good quality. I use them for when i am gluing up especially when i am using glues such as gorilla glue which as you will know leaves your hands stained black and you cannot get it off for a week or more. They also sell disposible gloves for £1 per 100, and 50 1 inch paint brushes for £5 which i use for laying on the glue.

They do have a website but in his review of website tool stores Neil states that the search part of the site is slow, so it might be better ordering by phone.

Regards

Mike.C

Hi billzee,

They are the type that Doctors wear and are really good quality. As i have said they also sell cheaper ones at £1 per 100, these are the one size fits all disposable type and although they are not as good as the latex ones (the latex fit like a glove oh my god that was a terrible joke) they are still well worth the money.

Regards

Mike.C

Mike,

For that quality tip, please take a bow - or should that be 'Bend over please' :shock:

Ike

I, ahem, 'borrow' :wink: those nice plastic gloves from petrol stations that they put out for diesel car owners. Just pick up a couple that might be lying around each time you fill up. Not very strong but great for short jobs although they did seem to melt a bit :shock: last weekend when I was using some Wood Rescue. :oops:

Cheers,
Barry

Mike.C":1k5xw2zg said:
Their catalogue starts with 59 pages of products that cost just a £1.
Not often I get the chance to do this, 'cos he usually gets there first :wink: , but Sawdustalley has reviewed some of the range.

Mike.C":1k5xw2zg said:
The reason i sent off for their catalogue was the price of their latex gloves. They are selling these for £6 per 100 (other stores charge £4.00 for 10) and these are very good quality.
Mike, Mike, Mike... Don't you study the Screwfix catalogue every bedtime? :wink: I get through dozens of disposable gloves during tool cleaning sessions, so I like to keep track of all the available suppliers and compare prices. :oops:

Andrew, the url: Warehouse Direct

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf,

I did not mention their name above because of my post about them the other day, but after realising that i got the amount wrong and the fact that other companies sell them sooooo much cheaper i have to say that Axminster do not sell 10 pairs of latex gloves for £4 they sell 5 pairs for £4, i wonder how they can justify that? At Wearhouse direct or Screwfix you would get 400 for the same price.

Regards

Mike.C

Mike,

No, I don't know how they can either, although I have a hunch it's to do with the supplier (Liberon in this case I believe) setting the RRP rather than the retailer. I think that's also why, for instance, threaded inserts cost £3.51 for 10 x M6 from Axminster, while you can get 10 times as many (that's 100, arithmetically-challenged viewers :wink: ) from Screwfix for only 2p more. Somebody's having a laugh quite frankly, but I'm not convinced it's the boys in White.

Cheers, Alf

have you tried the £1 shops 40 pairs for yes £1 small med and large and x-large for you chaps with extra grip

Hmm... on a scale of, say, one to a thousand, exactly how sad is it that we're either a) gloating about cheap disposable gloves, or b) being interested in same... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Beginning to fear she's over-paying :shock:

Mike.C":2am74eum said:
Hi All,

, and 50 1 inch paint brushes for £5 which i use for laying on the glue.

Mike.C

Mike, do you have the Cat number for the brushes ? Cant find them on their web site and I dont have the Catalog yet.
Cheers
John

Hi John,

I may have misled you a bit, because they do not actually have a cat number for 50 brushes. They sell them in packs of 10 for £1 and i bought 5 packs e.g 50 brushes.
Anyway the number is Z890-26

Regards

Mike.C

Latest posts

Back