Sound deadening a Chevy, and some small calculations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thetyreman":3rrzeohd said:
MLV (mass loaded vinyl) is good stuff, Tecsound S100 is what I'd use, if you sandwich it between layers of MDF you'll get amazing isolation performance down to very low frequencies, it's very expensive though but for good reason, rockwool does not block or stop low frequencies below about 150Hz, and personally I do not think it's safe regardless of what the industry tells people, I would rather use organic sheeps wool even though it's more expensive, in fact I am currently planning on building some diaphramatic bass traps that will use MLV and sheepswool for my own studio.

That's a nice looking Chevy by the way :D

Wool, expensive? Well I don't have any inorganic sheep, but can tell you that we can't give away the fleeces from black sheep. If you want some (genuine organic poop still attached in places) you're welcome to collect as much as you want! Full of organic lanolin as well... I have some handily packaged in a cubic meter bag if you like? :)

gog64":2azbkvuj said:
thetyreman":2azbkvuj said:
MLV (mass loaded vinyl) is good stuff, Tecsound S100 is what I'd use, if you sandwich it between layers of MDF you'll get amazing isolation performance down to very low frequencies, it's very expensive though but for good reason, rockwool does not block or stop low frequencies below about 150Hz, and personally I do not think it's safe regardless of what the industry tells people, I would rather use organic sheeps wool even though it's more expensive, in fact I am currently planning on building some diaphramatic bass traps that will use MLV and sheepswool for my own studio.

That's a nice looking Chevy by the way :D

Wool, expensive? Well I don't have any inorganic sheep, but can tell you that we can't give away the fleeces from black sheep. If you want some (genuine organic poop still attached in places) you're welcome to collect as much as you want! Full of organic lanolin as well... I have some handily packaged in a cubic meter bag if you like? :)

LOL at the poop still attached, it's basically the same stuff but they process it clean it make it into the right size for loft insulation,

the expensive thing is MLV not organic sheeps wool, but sheeps wool is more expensive than rockwool, just to clarity what I meant, the type of organic sheeps wool is treated to prevent moths and designs for loft insulation but I intend to use it for acoustic treatment as an alternative to rockwool or fibreglass.

Back