• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Sorted now thanks to all ....Single Phase Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roberto Flintofski

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

looking for a single phase Bandsaw local to North Lincolnshire if poss
Bandsaw.JPG

Hi Robert? If you have some work you need to do on one urgently you’re welcome to come and use mine, I’m in Grimsby. PM me if you want to. Ian

Hi Robert, I have a 2 year old Record BS300 with wheel kit.
I bought it for a large project but since then have used it very infrequently and I'd like to free up some space in the garage. I can manage with my track saw and circular saw. I'm in Grimsby.
PM me if you're interested.
Paul

Hello
I suggest you expand your search and look at three phase (dual voltage) machines.
(Dual voltage as in the ability to have 240v household voltage configuration)
Look on the motor nameplate for 240 or a delta triangle symbolizing so.

No mention of your budget, you might have seen that second hand can be got for half the price of new, and three phase can be got for half the price of that again.

Mentioning your supply as in.. have you got 16a plugs installed in the shed, or are you willing/flush enough to get a sparky in to upgrade the supply in.

If only 13a house plugs is only available, and getting a sparky in is out of the question, then you may be restricted to 2 hp max.

If you go three phase then you could go to 3hp which definitely is sufficient and
run it no probs with a hundred quid VFD on household supply, for it is the starting of the machine that is the hard part on the leccy.
A VFD/inverter will allow you to tailor the startup to suit your supply for a soft start.
I run a 24" machine from my 13a plug.
I might have a wee rummage round on the bay to suggest something,
can give you a hidden conversation message if you like, or grab a pic and stick it on your thread either,

Quite a large one 500 or 600mm machine I guess.. looks a bit larger from photo though on gumtree for cheap,
I don't think that model gets larger than 600mm from my old magazine.
I would enquire to see what machine it is and get motor photo also.
Bargain
Looking again that local one, It must be larger than I have seen on the mag
but is an good example of what you can get.
Another good example is that pristine Hammer but it is not local up in the Highlands.
That size of machine you have pictured often commands a higher price.

An example of a dual voltage three phase motor
BANDSAW MOTOR.jpg

Smooth threadbar.JPG

Last edited:
Hello
I suggest you expand your search and look at three phase (dual voltage) machines.
(Dual voltage as in the ability to have 240v household voltage configuration)
Look on the motor nameplate for 240 or a delta triangle symbolizing so.

No mention of your budget, you might have seen that second hand can be got for half the price of new, and three phase can be got for half the price of that again.

Mentioning your supply as in.. have you got 16a plugs installed in the shed, or are you willing/flush enough to get a sparky in to upgrade the supply in.

If only 13a house plugs is only available, and getting a sparky in is out of the question, then you may be restricted to 2 hp max.

If you go three phase then you could go to 3hp which definitely is sufficient and
run it no probs with a hundred quid VFD on household supply, for it is the starting of the machine that is the hard part on the leccy.
A VFD/inverter will allow you to tailor the startup to suit your supply for a soft start.
I run a 24" machine from my 13a plug.
I might have a wee rummage round on the bay to suggest something,
can give you a hidden conversation message if you like, or grab a pic and stick it on your thread either,

Quite a large one 500 or 600mm machine I guess.. looks a bit larger from photo though on gumtree for cheap,
I don't think that model gets larger than 600mm from my old magazine.
I would enquire to see what machine it is and get motor photo also.
Bargain
Looking again that local one, It must be larger than I have seen on the mag
but is an good example of what you can get.
Another good example is that pristine Hammer but it is not local up in the Highlands.
That size of machine you have pictured often commands a higher price.

An example of a dual voltage three phase motor
View attachment 95811
View attachment 95812
Hi Ttrees, yes already wired with a couple of 16A sockets on separate RCBO's from the adjacent Consumer unit, also the Union Graduate is 3 phase ( awaiting speed control via inverter ) - its the next thing on the list to resolve after the bandsaw !

I have a Startrite 401s I am selling, but I'm in South Wales unfortunately.

In fact, I'm brand new here and only joined as I was searching for an idea as to what to ask for it and found a link to someone selling one on this site, but that was from an old thread.

Sorry, not exactly any good for you as I am too far away, but am interested as to what folks think it would be worth.

Sorry, I misposted mines not a Bastato 4 it's the next model up, it's a Basato 5-4, (the 4 denotes it's a 4 speed).
hope this helps.

I have a Startrite 401s I am selling, but I'm in South Wales unfortunately.

In fact, I'm brand new here and only joined as I was searching for an idea as to what to ask for it and found a link to someone selling one on this site, but that was from an old thread.

Sorry, not exactly any good for you as I am too far away, but am interested as to what folks think it would be worth.

Hi Do you still have the 401 bandsaw for sale. I am looking to buy a decent saw and by chance I'm in south wales too

No problem.
thanks
Hi, if you are still looking for a bandsaw I have a Jet 20” trade rated bandsaw that’s just been sitting idle since my work went off in a new direction last year. I don’t know the model number off the top of my head but if you’re interested I’ll pop up the workshop in Pontypool and get some details and pics for you.
Cheers,
Mike

Back