Sort of free to the first taker: 8 Lee Valley plane socks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeW

Established Member
Reaction score
Sort of free to the first taker: 8 Lee Valley plane socks.

I don't know what shipping cost to GB is, but that's all I'm asking. After you get them just drop me a check or money order or ? for the shipping cost which will be on the package.

They were purchased as a well-meaning present to me and I feel enough time has gone by that I can pass them along. My shops have all been well heated and I do not have need for them.

PM me if you're interested. If you want to see what shipping costs are first, my zip code in the US is 97116 and you can check on the UPS or FedEx site for the cost or the package can go probably cheaper via postal rates. I don't know.

Below is the list with LV prices/stock # in US dollars.

qty 3 Block Plane Sack, 7-1/2" 22P01.07 $7.50 (total value $22.50)
qty 3 Smooth Plane Sack, 12-1/2" 22P01.12 $7.95 (total value $23.85)
qty 1 Jack Plane Sack, 16" 22P01.16 $8.50
qty 1 Jointer Plane Sack, 25" 22P01.25 $8.95

Total new value in US is $63.80

I also don't if y'all would need to pay a tax on them--technically they are used.

Thank you,

<sigh> Just bought my last (for now) plane sock requirement this week. Heigh ho. #-o But very generous of you, Mike. :D

Cheers, Alf

Still a little concerned as to how an LV plane reacts to being in a LN sock. Does it get ideas above itself? :-k

Alf":1xre6etc said:
Still a little concerned as to how an LV plane reacts to being in a LN sock. Does it get ideas above itself? :-k

I don't know...but then the real question would be how does a Lie-Nielsen plane feel when it is encased within a Lee Valley sock? Does it feel, well, a bit degraded?

PS, these are Lee Valley plane socks :lol:

well, back to work...

MikeW":i9efdtsn said:
Alf":i9efdtsn said:

I don't know...but then the real question would be how does a Lie-Nielsen plane feel when it is encased within a Lee Valley sock? Does it feel, well, a bit degraded?
Caution - Flight of Fancy alert.
Lee: So, you're new here then?
Niel: Yes
Lee: Been in any other good tool chests?
Niel: I'm not in a good tool chest now. I'm straight from Maine
Lee: Oh, American. Hi. I'm a Canadian.
Niel: Yes, I could tell.
Lee: Comfy sleeping bags they give us here, yeah?
Niel: What? Oh. Hmm, not the sort I'm used to... What's this on the outside...? Oh my. They say something Canadian on them! Get me out of here! I demand better accommodation than this or I'm going home!
Holt: Pipe down, the pair of you. How d'you think I feel?

Cheers, Alf

Back