Sorby Belt UKW Group Buy. 50x780 belts.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
I'm running out. Bulk buys are cheaper. Anyone interested in doing a bulk buy and I can sort the details to forward on? Provisional idea being if there's enough takers we sort orders and get them delivered here, postage from mine included in the overal price generally (ie I don't ending up postin it all on at my cost!) and I will sort the nuts and bolts of forwarding.
Either that or I'm just after accumulating a life times amount of sanding belt mediums by nefarious means and can't be trusted... :twisted:
Massive Gamble.
Take your chance to leave mediocrity behind and flout the system. :D

Seller will be BnD https://bndabrasives.co.uk/catalogsearc ... t/?q=sorby
Any takers?
Regards as always
Chris

possibly. I dont need many but I will try to help make up a minimum order.

Apologies if I am missing something here, but they only seem to do 36/60/80 grits, where as the Ceramic Sorby belts come in 120/240. They also don't seem to be any cheaper, coming in at around £5.50 each when you buy a pack of 12, which is roughly the same price as the sorby ones when bought separately?

So firstly, are they any better quality?
and secondly, I assume you'd be getting a *much* better deal than the pack of 12?

I think that the last time we did this they were around £2.20 + VAT. It was going back a few years though and we bought enough to get the free postage to the organiser.

Sorry for the delay on this Chaps. Unexpectedly busy. Tbh I took my lead from an old thread that Marcros references from a few years ago and hadn't checked recent prices. I will do 'due dilligence' over the next week and come up with a (hopefully) workable method of ascertaining who/if wants what/etc and where to go from there with prices. It might be unworkable but I think it's worth a try. I have bought from BnD before and they were great and at that time cheaper than Sorby belts. I'll do some research and post back shortly when the cosh of life has been lifted slightly.
First thoughts are maybe three grades/ and mediums to be 'voteable' for want of a better word that I can't think of. If you are interested and have a clear idea of what you want please feel free to post on here what would suit you. Obviously it needs to be of financial advantage to all involved to be worth doing.
Cheers fellas, again, sorry for any delay replying.
Chris

I'm surprised group buys provide a saving if individual pieces have to be posted on.
Last time I bought from BND (2016) it did not seem to be practical to do so and there are no UKW users on my doorstep to benefit.
Judging by usage to date I can't see me ever doing another bulk buy.

* SIA 2515 siabite y HD Ceramic 60 grit. ** min 12 £53.56 (£4.47ea)
* SIA 2511 siabite y Ceramic 120 grit min 12 £31.38 (£2.62ea)
# SIA 2546 siabite JJ Ceramic 220 grit min 12 £28.86 (£2.40ea)
# SIA 2820 Zirc 320 grit min 12 £24.22 (£2.02ea)
# Trizact A45 (P400 grit) min 6 £31.97 (£5.33ea)
* Trizact A30 (P800 grit). min 6 £31.97 (£5.33ea)

A quick check seems to show that some of the above grades are no longer supplied and quite an increase in price for those that are.
I've no complaints about BND supplied belts regarding the joints etc.

I'll be honest Chas, as said I didn't check prices before posting. If pricing has changed over the last couple of years all's well that ends well if it's better to buy now. Was just looking for a cheap price/group interest as I know I have some belts to buy and trying to do the right thing. (for me and others :wink: )
regards
Chris

Bm101":13cr1ync said:
I have some belts to buy and trying to do the right thing. (for me and others :wink: )
Yes it's frustrating as an individual having to fork out carriage costs for the odd item which often are as much as the items required for those that are not close to a retailer.

I bit the bullet after the frustration of failing to find a stockist within a couple of hours drive that was likely to have a range of grits in stock. I guess that may have improved over the years, I've not had cause to explore such recently.

Even at club level I guess bulk purchases are hardly viable due to the limited number of users of the equipment.

I wonder if the Axminster belts will fit, they're listed as 785 x 50 so only 5mm longer and there is probably enough adjustment. They are Hermes grit and a full range including 3M Trizcat at £6.76 and Hermes alu oxide at £3.20 all including vat.
https://www.axminstertools.com/hermes-r ... 00g-105237

I did the same as Chas and bought a load from BND when I got the machine so was a bit shocked when I saw today's prices.

I just had a bad experience with BND, took weeks to deliver an order and told a few obvious porkies about what was happening along the way. Difficult times and all that, but be cautious.

Sorry for the delay on this again. Looks like this is a non starter with current prices increases at BND. Only post this for clarity. If someone finds a cheaper supplier that would work in favour of a group buy I'd be happy to arrange details in future.
Cheers fellas.

Back