Sometimes it's good to do something for fun.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a piece I have had knocking about for a while. The disc is macrocarpa and is approx 15" diameter and the plinth is a piece of chestnut left as found apart from being wire brushed. The gold is metal leaf, cheaper than gold leaf LOL. It stands approx 40" tall. The disc is slotted but not fixed into the two smaller discs

Pete

Attachments

• inca.jpg
    inca.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 743
Hey Pete , I like this piece as indeed your last one . Are you going into the "monumental" side of the trade now. :lol:
It can be lucretive as some of the boys over here have discovered .
Is it kinda like retaining your "rustic" streaks still .As I said I like it and even with the embellishments it looks natural IMO.

very interesting....

think I like it would have to see it in the flesh to be sure! certainly a talking point

The disc was turned green some time ago and has laid around for about a year while I sorted out in my head what to do with it. The chestnut post was found as is with a big split down the side and I decided it would be ideal but wanted to keep it au naturel as it were. Hardest part was working out how to marry the two together and I eventually turned the crescent, made a couple of finials and four discs which were put together so that the disc slotted into them and remained stable. First attempt the discs were too small. In the flesh the gilding is not as in your face as it seems in the photo but it has proven hard to photograph as it reflects light so much hence the brightness of it.

Pete

The new sophisticated Pete shows through again.

Hope there are no little boys around with catapults or is it BB guns these days. :)

[Don't think I have been referred to as 'sophisticated before Chas' I hope it's complimentary LOL. I have done quite a bit more 'unrustic' stuff but my connection is so lousy i don't load much up nowadays. Here's a couple more if they will go.

Pete

Sorry if one is duplicated, having trouble sorting it with my connection

Attachments

• carved poplar bowl.jpg
    carved poplar bowl.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 562
  • painted carved walnut bowl.jpg
    painted carved walnut bowl.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 562

Latest posts

Back