Something to be aware of.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm due to go to London in 18 days time, it looks like I won't bother as I'll have to quarantine for 10 days, even though England is in a far worse state than Denmark, so I'll probably just have to finish off my degree here. So far I've missed 15 months out of a 3 year course.

I feel sorry for those in the same position who do not have a workshop or any previous woodworking experience, they must have got a very sub standard education and feel rightly peeved off with the whole thing.

I must stress it's not the colleges fault, as they have gone to great lengths to provide a decent service and couldn't have been more accommodating. So full marks to them.

I'm off to Tokyo next week, 3 PCR tests at 72,48 & 24 hours before flight. Company called Halo dealing with it turning the results around in less than 24 hours, not cheap though at £89 a pop, but Japanese govt mandate.
Hi, that’s actually not a bad price (well it’s a terrible price but you know what I mean) it’s that last one that I’m worried about for you, if it’s delayed you could be up the Swanee. I hope it doesn’t land on the weekend, I would ring the company now before you even start and see what sort of response you get to questions. Ian

A little digging into Halo produced this so I would definitely be careful.
https://travelingformiles.com/booking-the-uks-halo-covid-test-be-careful/
1DB3E82E-F6F5-494D-9FDE-9B837063B620.png

The UK rules on quarantine are now, frankly, utterly stupid. UK infection rates are greater than most other parts of the world making it far more likely that infection will follow a trip to Sainsburys than Scandanavia (for example).

Rules set by other countries are for them to decide - they are frequently far more pragmatic in accepting double vaccination proof as evidence for free entry.

Personally, whilst I would like to travel, it is simply not worth the hassle right now as the OP found. Hopefully in three weeks time it will be a completely academic travel issue for the double vaccinated.

Back