Something I made earlier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hope this works as I'm new to pictures.

Screen.jpg

Waka

Waka,

That's nice. Just don't show my Ps That B 'cos they've been muttering about a screen for a while. :shock: Care to share details? Wood used? Finish? Are those wickerwork panels? Did you design it from scratch or was it from a plan? Questions, questions. But enquiring minds need to know. :D

Cheers, Alf

Asrequested here's a couple of close ups to give you an idea of how it was put together.

Screen-001.jpg

Screen-002.jpg

The wood used is maple and the inner panel frames were put together in sections, this allowed the rebating and hole drilling for the wicker panels to be done easier.

This was before I had the biscuit jointer so everything is dowelled together with the only screws being in the hinges.

As to plans, it was pretty well designed as I went along, I knew what it should look like and have to admit it turned out pretty well what I expected.

I had intended doing the wicker work myself and did indeed start this, but after one panel decided that the bought product looks a lot better, even with this it took an age to weave in each panel. All told I think it took abot 50 hours start to finish.

I know I shouldn't crow about my own work but considering this was my first project I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Hope you all like it.

Waka

Waka,

I do like it a lot and for a first project it is mightily impressive! The woodworking looks great and most importantly the design looks right. Very many congratulations on what has obviously been a satisfying project for you.

I reckon that with that under your belt, you are ready for most things!

Waka":690z1z72 said:
I know I shouldn't crow about my own work but considering this was my first project I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Crow away! Awesome work, and even more impressive for a first project. :)

Hi Waka,

Thanks for the info.

Twelve coats of tung oil - blimey :shock: , that was a real labour of love - but they certainly gave you a great result.

Cheers,

Trev.

Latest posts

Back