Something for the Weekend Sir

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Having spent a little time on the lathe this time home, I noticed that no matter what type of dust extraction I used around the lathe area it still covered the shelves, although I'm sure most of it went over me.

See what I mean
Lathe-storage-001.jpg

So yesterday morning I checked the offcut store to see if there was enough wood for a few modifications, luckily there was.
Lathe-storage-002.jpg

Now all I have to do is get it on the wall. The construction is just ply held together with PH screws, the drawer fronts and doors are from offcuts of oak, beech and sycamore
Lathe-storage-003.jpg

With the help of HID's it was up in no time and quickly packed with the shelf contents.

of course there is a lot more space now so I guess i'll have to go shopping for some more consumables.
Lathe-storage-004.jpg

I wasn't to particular about the measurements, just wanted to get something up quickly.
Lathe-storage-005.jpg

Now thats up I think I'll put a small one next to it above the grinder that will take all the grinding odds and ends.

Dust? What dust???? :cry: :cry: :cry:

All i can see are some excellent wall units inscribed with "Gloat..Gloat.."

Nice job.

Are you thinking of offering your services ...... ??????? :D :D :D

Hmmm.... not bad, Waka, but I think you need more practice. If you like, I'll look after your first attempt while you try to do the next one.

:whistle:

Gill

Very nice Waka!

When I needed to move my shop back home and thought about making some cabinets, it just so happened I knew someone who was tossing some out. Ugly pink ones, of course. But I did put them up. Hate 'em everytime I see them.

Hope you don't mind but I copied a couple of your pictures for future use. Nice design.

Mike

Very nice indeed. Looks great and really useful to boot.

Pretty generous offcuts you leave there!

Cheers

Tim

Thats Higrade
Aint it nice to have stuff up and outa the dirt. Someday I will do that. Like the workbench there settin there waitin on me. :cry:

Hey Wakka, if you have any more of those offcuts i will take them off your hands. :wink: Very nice cabinet mate, just the sort of thing I need in my shop too.

Latest posts

Back