Something for the Tricycle Motors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimShavings

Established Member
Reaction score
Around here Christmas shopping starts the first weekend in August with the 127 yard sale. Its a 454 mi (760 km) sale that runs through 4 states.
And with 16 grand tricycle motors of my own I have to start early if any of them get anything. This year I'm concentrating on the (4) 1-3 year olds girls.
it was a busy busy week to get these ready for the sale. ANd I still have to make copies for the kids. I was gonna try and E-bay these and some other childrens furniture but looking at the bay it doesn't seem anything made of wood sells to good.

kidstovedrysink0059bb.jpg

kidstovedrysink0046ch.jpg

Slim,

I'm sorry but you'll have to translate

What on earth is a tricycle motor? A 127 yard sale?

I'm probably just ignorant but it feels like our common tongue dividing us again :lol:

Yeah me too, Must admit I have heard some strange stories many years ago about American Hilly Billies.
Come on you Cockneys give him some apples and stairs.

(woodwork looks good though)

Bafflement pertains in this quarter too, but the woodwork is terrific. I really really like the top piece (not sure what to call it) which would match the furniture in my living room. Where did you get the plans, Dave? I'd love to have a go at making something like that myself.

Gill

:shock: Blimey! :roll: Puts our 'boot sales' to shame doesn't it.

Grand tricycle motors, I had never heard that one before :lol: :lol: but then I only have three. :shock: 16 ( =D> ) - no wonder you have to start early!

Nice looking work there Slim.

Cheers,

Trev.

So we now know what grand tricycle moters are and what the 127 yard sale is. :D

But what is the item in the first picture :oops:

McLuma

HI guys
Tricycle motors are: Rug rats, Crumb crunchers, gelphlings, and a few other names I can't think of right now. your basic newborn to kindergartener.

Gill
The top unit is a dry sink from colonial days. It done in childs scale. I had the plans since 1985 but see that they are available again.

http://www.woodenmemories.com/dry.htm
http://www.woodenmemories.com/coo.htm.

If you want some full size plans. Early issues of Woodwrkers Journal has them. I could copy them and send them to you since those issues are no longer available. But no pump. It would be easy to upscale the childs plan. There pretty easy . i changed a few things. Everything is put together wiht pocket screws so it can be shipped knoced down. I think with a RAT you could put one together in a day or so. I'm gettin interested in that tool. Haven't seen one over here. There kind of expensive.

Deedee

Thanks for the URL's pointers. It does feel a little mean and ornery to confuse ya'all once in a while. Lord knows I spend some time trying to figure out what some of your stuff is. :lol: :lol: :lol: Specially that Scottish guy. :lol:
I didn't make the connection on the one URL http://www.ojar.com/view_8689.htm
don't know what happened

We have a show coming up Sept 2 (labor day) Maybe I could sell them as planters too.! :lol:

NOw somebody has to tell me what "apples and stairs" means :lol:

SlimShavings":ee08zlzn said:
Tricycle motors are: Rug rats, Crumb crunchers, gelphlings, and a few other names I can't think of right now. your basic newborn to kindergartener.
I call 'em "sproglets", just to add to the confusion. :)

SlimShavings":ee08zlzn said:
NOw somebody has to tell me what "apples and stairs" means :lol:
Not sure even DW knows that... He might have meant "apples and pears" which is Cockney rhyming slang for stairs. :wink: Barnet Fair - Hair. Plates of Meat - Feet. Trouble and strife - SWMBO, er, wife, and so forth. A quick search will bring up more sites on the subject than your mince pies can believe.

Cheers, Alf

Thanks for the links. The second one didn't work but it didn't take me long to find what I was looking for here. Actually, I prefer the design of the child's dry sink and I reckon it'd make a nifty coffee table if it was altered slightly. I'll be in touch by PM.

Oh, and don't worry about translations from Scottish into American English; the Scots are a delightful people, but the Romans were very wise when they constructed Hadrian's Wall ;) .

Gill

"To suit the pace of lifestyle there is even a growing tendency to mix words together to make entirely new ones called blends," they said.
Isn't that what Lewis Carroll, via Humpty-Dumpty, was calling a "portmanteau" word about 140 years ago? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Back