Something for the Conservatory

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to do something in the conservatory to hide the utilities, also something that did not resemble kitchen units (not to sure I got the balance here).

This is what I came up with; the top and panels for the side and doors are AWO with oak faced ply for the inserts. The centre cupboard is made of 18mm ply edged with 2"stips of AWO.

The top has a mitred 1 1/2" surround that has been profiled. The door handles are medium oak from Screwfix.

Conservatory-001.jpg

The paneling around the window was because of the bare brick, it was such a small area to plster that I couldn't get anyone interested in doing it. I thought it would be too much oak, but seeing it in the flesh it tends to blend in well

Conservatory-003.jpg

Conservatory-002.jpg

Its S##s law when you do something like this that one of the machines will break down and need replacing. I have overcome this by making the bottom rails removable, also the top is quite heavy therefore it just sits in place. I was a bit worried about this moving but it seems ok.

It has 3 coats of finishing oil already applied and when this is really hard I will go over with burnishing cream then wax polish.

Very impressive. To me, it looks more like a high class cupboard than a kitchen unit; kitchen units tend to have much wider doors anyway.

I think it's a smashing job.

Gill

Waka,

Nice job. Glad you allowed for machine changing, you would hate having to butcher it if (when :x ) something goes wrong.

By the way, keep your eyes open, there is a chap casing your conservatory. :wink:

Waka,

It looks absolutely splendid. I am definitely not going to show this to LOML!

Did the big mitres on the door frames give you any trouble?

DaveL":24cuc5iq said:
By the way, keep your eyes open, there is a chap casing your conservatory. :wink:

Dave, not sure who that is, he keeps following me to the workshop.

Chris":24cuc5iq said:
Did the big mitres on the door frames give you any trouble?

Chris, I did the mitres on my Sliding compound saw, the first one I made did not fit to well, but after I'd realigned the saw they went perfectly.

Thanks all for the kind words :D :D :D HID's seems pleased with it and as we all know thats the main thing. I'm now allowed to get on and make the router tables. I think I did mention I'll need some extra tools for that. :D :D :D

Proper job. The tall doors make it very unkitcheny, IMO.

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Router tables - plural? You need to stop hanging about with that bad influence... :shock:

Really like that - was thinking of doing something similar as well but painted - now having seen yours I think I will go for the wood option.

Nice one :D

T

Really good job Waka.
Looks fantastic! I really like the look of those mitred stiles and rails.

Back