Something a bit easier to cut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin

Established Member
Reaction score
A couple pics of a wedding plaque cut from mahogany with a plexi mirror backer and a more recent completed project of a lettering piece done for a co-worker. Both are fairly simple cuts...the lettering on the wedding plaque is a bit tedious to do but not to bad. "Work To Live" was cut from 1/2" cherry with 1/4" maple dolphin overlays.....1/8" baltic birch dyed black for a backer.
Lin
weddingsilhouettemag.jpg

worktolivelg.jpg

Simple but effective and well cut (as ever) :). After producing a major piece such as your recent frame, it can be refreshing to tackle some simpler projects.

Gill

PS Maple's such a pain in the proverbial to scroll! It just eats up blades.

really like the lettering on the 2nd one... and such a true statement!

I was doing a well know night club up in London a few years ago and running a team of 5 young Carpenters , a couple of year out of apprentership . Im an easy going bloke but was getting stress from the money man to push them and setting deadlines wich stressed me out ! When i got stressed they all told me work to live dont live to work , i passed this off and got more stressed ! Now im set up in my workshop i wander down the garden at 9 and play in my shed till five and love it . They are all living to work and im working to live :lol:

I really enjoyed doing the "Work To Live" piece (especially after the "Frame")......I try to live by that motto but still end up working more OT than I would like to.....At one point in my life I lived and breathed the JOB.....then I hit 40......lol

I slowed down........and now enjoy scrolling in my spare time.....it's fun and does help to relieve the stress...

If there is an interest in this pattern......I posted it within the "Scrollsaw Challenge" post on the General board.

Gill, The maple I used was only 1/4" thick so it wasn't to bad to cut......I have cut 3/4" hard maple before.....I think I went thru close to a dozen blades on that piece alone and even with two layers of shipping tape.....still had some burn marks on the tight turns.

Lin

Back