Someone who knows about...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As in still in business 😄 i wasnt suggesting you find the guy who was on the production line that day......

On the other hand, how much is a new one? If its 20 quid, just take a gamble with the charger ( do it outside )

£20....if only.
Even the battery - on a good deal - was £30-odd!

He means use a multimeter to find out which wire is positive etc.....

But assuming both chargers fit the hole, i think I'd just pick one and give it a go.
If you really wanted, you could email the new battery supplier and pose the question. I guess they'll know what it needs to charge?

Instead of a battery booster pack. I have a car battery permanently on a maintenance charger, so it's always kept topped up and a set of jump leads. always ready for use.

I also use the battery on my ride on mower and I use it for emergency lighting should there be a power cut.

You should be able to charge a booster pack using a normal car charger. Just connect it to the power leads.

Instead of a battery booster pack. I have a car battery permanently on a maintenance charger, so it's always kept topped up and a set of jump leads. always ready for use.

I also use the battery on my ride on mower and I use it for emergency lighting should there be a power cut.

You should be able to charge a booster pack using a normal car charger. Just connect it to the power leads.

By coincidence, chances are the battery inside the booster box is the same one as fitted on your ride-on.
Your maintenance charger is a good idea, but the jump starter box is great to just sling in the back of the 4x4.
Even better when they work!

By coincidence, chances are the battery inside the booster box is the same one as fitted on your ride-on.
Your maintenance charger is a good idea, but the jump starter box is great to just sling in the back of the
yes, it's all compact in one package, but you eventually forget to maintain them and they go flat....as you know:)

Well, after all the to-ing and fro-ing, I had the bright (for me) idea to check for suitable replacement chargers on eBay...and guess what?
With one exception, they all show the transformer's output to be 12v. The mA values vary from hundreds right up to 2A.
The single oddball showed an output of 14v.

I'm leaning towards the 12v/200mA being the "correct" one....

I reckon the 12v quoted on the 200mA charger (and the replacements you found online) is the nominal battery voltage and if you measure it, the charger output will actually be a bit higher especially off load.
As Fergie 307 was suggesting, I think you pick one, double check the polarity and try it. Personally I’d go with the 1000mA unit, do it somewhere safe (bottom of the garden?) and keep an eye out for any sign of overheating.

Another idea would to take said box and go into machine Mart and ask them. They are usually very helpful.

Just avoid buying any thing else!

Cheers James

Back