Some Yankee shop Pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Travis,

Looks like a well-set up shop. I like your router table; I use an Incra fence too - great aren't they?

What do you use the lathe for - wood or metalwork?

Looks nice

and

You have the exact same Delta thicknesser as me!!! Small world eh? :wink:

Chris said
What do you use the lathe for - wood or metalwork?

Chris I use it mostly for turning metal, but I have used it to turn wood :lol:
It doesn't do as good as regular wood lathe tools, :oops:

Travis

Travis,
I am in the same boat, I have a nice metal working lathe but it isn't really set up for wood turning, neither is it big enough. I made up a tool rest to fit in the cross slide so that I could at least use proper woodturning tools (I have a grand total of four) and it is good for small stuff like drawer knobs and I have made a couple of mallets with it for my carving efforts.

I do find it useful in metal working mode for various cabinet fittings etc. that I have made that I couldn't find in any catalogues and at present I am working (very slowly) on developing the ultimate sharpening guide for Japanese chisels.

Travis - Nice shop, I'm building a new workshop at the moment, can I copy your mitre saw back fence idea? Seems it would do all that the fancy aluminium ones do at much less cost.

Hello Losos
Yes you may copy the fence. I just use a big washer and a wing nut on the back and it works good. It has no built-in tape,but I havn't forgot how to use the old stanley :lol:

Travis

It would take me about a month to get my workshop that tidy and organised and another day to get it back to the chaos that I am used to working in :lol:

Come on Travis, you can tell us, did you tidy it up especially for the pictures?

John

I saw your hold down clamps attached to the wall for storage and the method of their use (I assume you put the timber piece in your vice and clamps then hold work to top of bench).

I am going straight out to my workshop and set up mine the same way. no doubt I will return to your web page and investigate further.

Not very nice weather here in the U.K. either, snow forecast for the end of the week further up north.

Hey Travis I've got a tapedeck like yours :D Nice and tidy shop though travis :mrgreen: Just how do you keep it so clean, I mean you have space to walk around :shock:

Bean

Back