Some wardrobes.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahomo59

Established Member
Reaction score
Up early on a Saturday with my old man syndrome! So I thought it's about time I contribute to the projects page.

Here are two wardrobe projects, pinks ones are for my little girls bedroom and grey ones for a customer.

My girls wardrobes are Birchply clear lacquered carcass with 15mm ply drawer boxes again in sprayed birch ply on Blum under mounts. Threw in some exposed domino's in the drawer boxes just because :). Blum inset hinges on 22mm mr mdf rails and stiles with a 9mm panel. Sprayed in Morrells 20% WB lacquer colour matched to F&B.

Just need to put last drop of wall paper up, had the decorator in first but he agreed to come back after install. Thought this best in case I digged the paper.

This grey set is in a Victorian terrace house. His and hers style. Sprayed in morrells WB 20% sheen colour matched to F&B Dovetail. The budget didn't stretch to Birchply so we went with melamine and I suggested grey to get a close match to the exterior.
Ply boxes on Blum under mounts, lay on Blum hinges and the triple wardrobe has half over lay hinges. This install left me with some tricky scribes, as it had floor to ceiling scribes and a return to get over a boxed in steel.

Built the drawer boxes first while I was waiting for Avonplywood to cut and lip the melamine.

Hope you like them folks.

Very tidy, nice one. I'll confess, I'm not totally convinced about through dominos on the face of a drawer - I like to rebate the sides of the drawer box into the face and domino through the sides, though the face has th be thicker, of course - but that's in no way a criticism, just a personal preference thing on my part ;)

Great finish on the paintwork - do you spray them yourself?

Cheers, Pete

I hear you Pete, doubt I'll be doing it again. Need more time with my Leigh super jig.

Haha Dan... She was down the MIL for the night. A condition to building them was " I must have a tidy room to work in, H+S".

Cheers guys.

Hoping to post kitchen I'm building now, in the near future

Any chance of a link to those runners? I have to build some wardrobes myself and having Blum runners on all the new (wickes) kitchen cabinets I like their quality and would like to use them on the bedroom furniture.

Back