some recent work

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chill

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All, haven`t posted for a while, so here is some recent work, hope you like it, the bowls are heavily influenced by GBF, and the hollow form with loads of encouragement and advice from Mark Sanger
a 7" bowl in Sycamore, finished with Jo Sonja`s acrylics and clear lacquer,
DSCN00176.JPG

Ash 10", finished with Jo Sonja`s acrylics and clear lacquer,
DSCN00175.JPG

Ash 10", finished with Jo Sonja`s acrylics and clear lacquer,
DSCN00174.JPG

and a hollow form in Oak buffed with gold wax, with Sycamore finial and base stained with india ink and buffed with black wax
DSCN00197.JPG

DSCN0104a.JPG

DSCN0102a.JPG

c&c welcome
ps sorry for the shadows in some of the pics just experimenting with camera settings and lighting

Attachments

• DSCN00176.JPG
    DSCN00176.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,192
  • DSCN00175.JPG
    DSCN00175.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,169
  • DSCN00174.JPG
    DSCN00174.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,170
  • DSCN00197.JPG
    DSCN00197.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,169
  • DSCN0102a.JPG
    DSCN0102a.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,187
  • DSCN0104a.JPG
    DSCN0104a.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,212
Hi Matt, thank you,
last year I went on a paint and texturing course with George Foweraker and Mark Raby, which made me want to experiment more, if you can go on 1 it is well worth it, if not look at Georges Blog artistryinwood for a brilliant tutorial

i think there stunning and would love to know/see how you apply the acrylic to them, well done.. =D> =D>

also any chance of seeing the underside please..

Hi Matt, you`re welcome,
Hi Steve,thank you for your kind comments, this is a technique shown to me by George Foweraker, who has a great tutorial on his blog, will put some pics up when I get home at the weekend

been over to george's site and viewed the demo, great idea.. I was going to sell my lathe and accessories up to a week ago as i dont use it anymore, but got to say how inspired i am by your turnings, i am now keeping my lathe and getting ready for some turning practise..

Steve, thank you very much for the kind words, glad you found Georges site useful, look forward to seeing some work from you soon,
all the best Chris

Back