Some of my Aussie Wooden Toys for you.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toydesigner

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure as to how many photos I can successfully add, as it is the first time I am having ago at adding photos of some of my wooden toys, although one is more like a Wooden model than a child's toy.

First two photos are of a Mobile Crane,- complete with telescopic boom, which actually works,- Based on a Fifty Ton, " Nippon Grove," Mobile Crane, and set to, 1:20 scale for realistic appearance;-
Basic specs,- Carrier;- 510mm.long x 140mm.wide on 8 road wheels.
" " Crane,- 1.3 metre, ( 53 inch ), Telescopic Boom, cable-controlled multi-height, and multi-angle lockable adjustment. Automatic cable brake on the main twin-cable winch; Sliding, working outriggers; Full circle swing.

Originally designed back in 1985. Still one of my best selling toy plans today.
There's 76 individual parts to the highly detailed 23 page x A3 size Work Plan.
( I think that reads right !! )
I think is is popular because it is different to anything else around, and the average home / hobby woodworker enjoys a challenge, or perhaps something to," play with," before the kids / grandkids receive it !!

I will put this one in separate to avoid confusion on my part,

Roger

Attachments

• Toy mobile crane - clean - 030118 A.jpg
    Toy mobile crane - clean - 030118 A.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 258
  • Toy mobile crane - 030118 D.jpg
    Toy mobile crane - 030118 D.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 258
My best friend drives one of these for a living. The item looks great I want to make an antique victorian excavater

Keep up the good work

Adidat

That is amazing, I am very impressed :shock:

If I didn't have a thousand more important jobs I'd be very tempted to buy the plans and make one.

In fact, I might just buy the plans anyway :twisted:

Aditat,- Thankyou for the compliment.

*** Antique Victorian Excavator ? What does one of them look like ?
I enjoy a design challenge,- that's why I asked.

Currently designing some new Toy Plans based on real aircraft, such as the Cessna Twin-engine commuter planes, Robinson, & Bell Helicopters, etc.

Dave,- PM me, and can give you a price for Mobile Crane Work plan. with payment info, etc., then after you have received it,- takes about two weeks from here to there, you can, " hop onto this forum," and give everyone your comments on the quality of the Work Plan.

Also thank you for your comments, and compliments.
Yes it is fascinating,- I have one set up here on a shelf in my loungeroom, and every visitor of any age who comes in to my lounge, stops in their tracks, and is guaranteed to ask one question, " Did you make that ?? " Or, some ask, " Where did you get the Crane ? "
It is also a very good attraction at Craft Markets,- always attracts a crowd once set up on a stall.
Roger

Toydesigner":34jbi7m1 said:
Aditat,- Thankyou for the compliment.

*** Antique Victorian Excavator ? What does one of them look like ?
I enjoy a design challenge,- that's why I asked.

Currently designing some new Toy Plans based on real aircraft, such as the Cessna Twin-engine commuter planes, Robinson, & Bell Helicopters, etc.

hi roger

sorry for the late reply.

this sort of thing! (click here)not quite Victorian but great anyway. i love the simple workings and the face that it looks like a shed on a pair of tracks! and the controls are to die for. wonder how much my kidney is worth? :-k :mrgreen:

adidat

Hi Adidat,

Thank you for the link. I can see what you mean by you wishing you could own one. Your description of a, " Shed on tracks," is accurate too, as that's just what it looks like !!
Going by the photos it shouldn't be too difficult to make one as a Model-Toy, complete with tracks, as, ( compliments of another good Aussie toy-designer friend ), I have received a Caterpillar Tracks' design, which can easily be enlarged, &/or modified, to suit the project at hand. The instructions, and diagrams are simple and easy to follow, and are on 2 x A4 size pages. IF you would like to receive a copy of the Caterpillar tracks' work plan, simply PM me and remember to include you email addy.
Alternatively, if you wish, I can design a wooden toy version of the 1946 Ruston Excavator for you, as the probably many others who also would like a wooden toy version too,- " Adult-size kids, " included !!!
( We can always do a bit of, " wheeling, & dealing, " along the way !!! )

Roger

they look really nice indeed im sure they will provide hours of playing fun for children and grown up children !

your workmanship is top quality

mark

John; Mark,- and everyone else,- Thank you kindly for the compliments.

** John,- Have other Wooden Toys too such as Farm Tractors with working loader buckets, and some realistic implements such as a field mower, side-delivery rake and a hay-baler, along with Semi-trailers, ( I think you call them, " articulated lorries, " ), earth-moving toys; vintage cars; toy garages; dolls cradles; toy doll house furniture; fashion doll furniture;, etc., etc. but unfortunately every time I attempt to show more photos,- the photo loading system rejects the pics as being too large, for acceptance.
Besides the wooden toys, I also have an extensive range of funny signs, witty expressions & sayings, plus design & make Custom House Name Signs for people,- but as forementioned the photo acceptance system on this site rejects my pics as being too big, which is a bit annoying to say the least,- Can anyone help in this regard ???

Got a couple of websites with heaps of photos & info,- plus also have an assortment of photos of my work on another international Woodwork Forum,- but will most probably," get shot, drawn, quartered, & thrown into the lion's den, " If I add any of the links here,- therefore suggest sending me a PM and I can supply the links' info that way without upsetting anyone.

Roger

I use http://photobucket.com/ . It's free and you have more room than you can shake a stick at. You can resize your photos on it and load as many as you wish from there too.

If you have a look at Chas' entry on here post672533.html#p672533 it also goves a discription of how to do it.

This is my tractor, not up to your standard, but fun..

Tractorchallenge1.jpg

On photobucket it doesn't really matter how big the photo is, within reason, because the forum server doesn't have to hold it. It is shown from the photobucket site. At least that is what I believe, but I'm willing to be corrected if I'm wrong? Mind you, the last time I was wrong was when I thought I was :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

thanks for the offer roger, but I enjoy the challenge of designing things and problem solving. if its old and has been made with pride its quite likely i will love it.

adidat

Back