• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Some nice gear being Auctioned..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had space and spare, I would be interested in some of these especially if they were no reserve

Thanks. I'll keep that one in the watch list! Wonder if that arboga drill is saveable? The smaller jig borer is a lovely looking thing as well

Some really good equipment on there. The 18% commission plus VAT then shipping, hikes the price up quite a bit

Had a look at the site,some nice stuff there,looks like you need to do all the delivery stuff like getting your own courier,and if you collect they don't have a fork lift . Seems very strange considering the size of some of those machines.

Darn! Wrong side of the world. Some nice toys I'd like to have. Even decent sized surface tables for the sole flattening boys. 😊

Pete

Had a look at the site,some nice stuff there,looks like you need to do all the delivery stuff like getting your own courier,and if you collect they don't have a fork lift . Seems very strange considering the size of some of those machines.
Thats standard for most industrial auctions. I buy from them quite often and I think it is mainly so people don't buy huge stuff expecting it to be loaded for free. Rigging and moving some of that big kit isn't cheap! I've only ever bought stuff that'll go in the back of my transit and they've always forklifted it in for me.

Fair enough, but if i had just spent thousands on a machine then i would be more than a little miffed if help with loading was not available, could even end up buying elsewhere.

That's why they're industrial auctions. People buying the big kit are businesses and just factor in paying a machine mover to deal with the whole transport process. It's insured then and the seller doesn't have to worry about some numpty turning up with an engine crane to move something and splattering themselves or the machine across their factory. There's lots of things I don't like that they do (paying a bond just for the pleasure of bidding, shocking photos, splitting up bits of machines that should stay together because the dummy doing the catalogue has no idea what a lathe even IS, the backroom dealing that goes on because the owners of the auction company also own a big machine dealer - I could go on!) but I still play the game. Mostly it works out pretty well.

T has also not mentioned that larger machines need to be disassembled to move them because they are not a single item that can be picked up. Even the CMMs (coordinate measuring machines) at least the bigger ones have to come apart to prevent damage. You should be around when a big milling machine comes in on several semi trucks. :oops:

Pete

Back