Some new projects from my shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all Some of my recent projects, Thanks for talking me into this DaveL :D

The first is a dining Table in White Oak approx 2.5m x 1.1m made with Hand Tools mainly. The top was hand planed flat :shock: interesting job that i really enjoyed :cry:

http://www.pixagogo.com/Photos/Albums/P ... rIuHoqew__

The next is a small coffer based upon a traditional Viking Design in Mahogany with hand filed Brass Butterfly Hinges. Icouldn't find any I liked so I made some :shock: I have another 2 of these on the go in the workshop but in Oak this time.

http://www.pixagogo.com/Photos/Albums/P ... cqH8KgrQ__

http://www.pixagogo.com/Photos/Albums/P ... KINcw0ew__

I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Bean

Bean,

Thanks for posting these, they are great! I love the table. Did you also make the chairs, they seem to match the table very well.

You must have arms like a gorilla after handplaning the top - tell us what planes you used please. Also are the plugs in the leg/apron join only decorative or are they actually pins through a tenon?

Hi Bean

I am very, very impressed.

Your table looks absolutely wonderful. How long did it take you to handplane the top?

Well done.

Cheers
Neil

Hi Bean,

Super job - well done. :wink:

What finish did you finally decide on for the table?

Good thing about posting pics. is all the questions you get, eh!

Cheers,

Trev.

Bean":2t1xhhnu said:
Thanks for talking me into this DaveL :D

Well Bean, not sure quite what I talked you into ! But I am please it worked :shock:

I love that table, the questions have all been asked, so lets have some answers :lol:

I am still waiting to see the flute stands for the LSO :twisted:

You are all very kind people I'm :oops:

waterhead37......The planes are:
a Record No. 4 Inherited from my wifes Grandma set to take large cuts
a Stanley No. 4 Inherited from my farther set for fine cuts.
a Record No.5 swapsis for a set of V blocks I had no further use for.
Record Low angle Block Plane.

The pins are made in my own dowel maker and are both decorative and functional, the joints are pinned and haunched M&Ts.

devonwoody.....I sharpen my plane irons on japanese Water Stones, its all I use, for all sharpening. Would like a diamond or a ceramic stone but too costly.

Newbie_Neil.....Would you believe That it took nearly a week, most nights and a whole weekend, but then I planed both sides of the top to simular standards.

Trev.....The finish is principally Oil as recommended Here in the forum, but as I'm a softie for wax I have waxed it as well.

I did not make the chairs they were made by a friend in Oak and we tweaked the finish to match.

Dave.... you talked me into posting my work at the midland show, though I suspect you didn't realise it at the time.

Again I'm :shock: :oops:

Thank you peeps

Bean

HI Bean

Sorry I'm late with this but I love that viking box. Hope to get ove to see it soon too!!

Cheers

Tony

Latest posts

Back