Some Issues with Power Tool Purchases - Advice Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Couple of problems with two online power tool purchases and hoping to get some feedback:

1.Bosch AL1860CV + 1600A002U5x2 Charger 2-18v-5Ah CoolPack Batteries

One of the batteries charge level indicator did not light at all when pressed (even though manual says they should) I thought perhaps it’s because its brand new - so charged for 1 hour - nothing - on closer inspection it looks used. (slight wear on base)Other battery and charger seem brand new.

Charger and batteries came in clear plastic bag with manuals - no box / case.

2. Bosch GST18V-LISN Jigsaw 18v BODY ONLY

This was simply in a bag with manual and a couple of blades - no protective box of any kind - Is this normal??

SDS ejector button for blade did not pop out blade - it releases it so it can be taken out - but only ‘popped’ / ejected onto workbench once in ten or so tries. Probably wouldn’t be concerned about this except for dodgy battery.

3. DEWALT DPN1850-XJ 15-55mm 18g Brad Nailer (bought online from another well known retailer)

No allen key in carry hook as there should be. Has this happened to anyone ?

Appeared to be fully sealed - although slight hole in plastic wrap at case handle - probably where someone picked it up. Also was a black cable tie around handle - I suppose to prevent tampering - is this normal.

Other wise it seems to work fine although after finding no allen key (and maybe the dead battery) I have found some slight scuff marks but nothing that shows real wear.

All advice / comments appreciated.

Thanks

Bare tools I have bought in the past have at least come in a cardboard box, sometimes an unbranded cardboard box, but a box nonetheless - Bosch specifically in fact.

Bare tools not in the manufacturers box, or just in plastic bags are normally remanufactured or refurbished, should be a lot cheaper than new and you have to expect some scuffs and marks.

Mike

Back