Some advice needed re sink fitting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katellwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone assist,

this sink was purchased some time ago in France and I now intend to fit it in a utility room

It is a very thick ceramic type material with what appears to be pop outs for left/right fitting tap fitting

to pop out the pop out do i just tap it with a hammer and if so from what side, and in anyones experience will it pop out clean

thanks in anticipation

DCP_2400.jpg

DCP_2399.jpg

DCP_2398.jpg

No advice but I just know if I so much as tapped it the only piece left intact would be the little round bit!

Maybe drill around inside the line with a suitable drill?

Tom

hi katellwood i've fitted a few of these ,if you get a small nail or centre punch and give it a sharp tap on the inside of the groove but you have to do it from the TOP SIDE it will start to break out then just work away till the hole is clear. the hardest thing is over coming the nerves on the first one

I have the same vision as Tom!
Let us know how it goes KW as I've got the same task shortly and I'm sweating already.

Roy.

Drill a 6mm hole in the centre with a masonary drill and then use a centre punch to chip pieces towards that hole until its the right size, that show the instructions have been on all the ones I've fitted,

You can make it wasier by getting a diamond coated holesaw and drilling the ceramic from the back stopping when you get to teh glaze and then knock out from abobe, thats how I do them now as its a lot quicker and less nerve wracking.

J

Latest posts

Back