Solid and cheap router advice.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squib

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Any advice on a big router for a table as mine has gone wrong.I don't need any bells and whistles as i have a half decent router, old axi, for bench work i just want loads of power and height adjustment. The Erbauer came recommended but has proved not reliable and searching the web they dont have good reviews. What i am after is a big spinney motor that will take 1/2" cutters and work hard for a reasonable price ,secondhand is fine.
Cheers Squib

Freud FT2200VCE, more power than you will ever need and a lot cheaper than most, had an older one under my table for the past 4 years and never had a problem

Allan

I have the big Erbauer and have to say it is excellent, especially for a table.

Ok, maybe the fence and depth stops are not the most accurate, but in a table surely all that matters is that the collet is 90o to the base plate, which mine is, the plunge lock stays put, mine does and it can cope with any cutter and timber you throw at it?

For £75 it is amazing value, very powerful at 2100w with loads of torque.

Only 2 downsides for me: I had to take one handle off to get it through the plate hole cos it's so big and it has no power lock button, 2 cable ties sorted this out.

I also have a Trend T4. What a pile of junk, far inferior in build quality, the on/off switch is badly designed, spring loaded and pings off every other time you use it, which is downright dangerous!

Erbauer back online albeit flat out, thanks for advice...was tempted by the hitachi but agree with Pond about the erbauer, brill for a table but not good ancilliaries.

Hi,

Jaymac in Derby had what seemed a good offer going on Freud routers when I called in the other day. 01332 755799 - worth a call - they do mail order.

I have one of the older models.

Colin

Back