• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
This one is definitely woodwork related!

Time has come for my Kreg K5 system to find a new home where it can be put to more use than it's ever had from me.

IMG_0237.JPG

This is essentially the Master system with a wealth of extras- from a time when I still had some wealth! In addition to the basic outfit which comprises of the clamp, support wings with built in storage, the set-up block, spacer block, stop block (I think), dedicated drill bit with locking collar and key, sample plugs and original S2 driver (which might have been rounded off) there's a genuine Kreg Pocket Hole clamp. I think this differs from the Master System which appears to be supplied with a face clamp. Face clamps are fine for joins on the same plane however the pocket hole clamp really comes into its own when joining at right angles, its pin fitting into one pocket hole and holding the board upright while the first screw is driven in through another hole.

IMG_0238.JPG

But that's not all, not by any means!

IMG_0241.JPG

I bought a replacement S2 bit and soon after that bought another set which included a second drill bit and third S2; these last two have never been used. Not pictured is a quick release adaptor and yet another S2 bit (short). I'm happy to include these in the sale however it's not much use as a QR adaptor as the ball bearings have a tendency to fall out during the change so I've left the short S2 bit in there permanently and used a separate drill for the hole drilling.

IMG_0239.JPG

In addition to the supplied (and still sealed) sample plugs, there's the 60% remnants of the pack of 50 cedar plugs, giving approx 35 in total.

Of course, the system is nothing without pocket hole screws and to get you started there are some of those too.

IMG_0242.JPG

I bought a box of 1000 32mm. Not sure how many are left but as you can see there's plenty to be going on with!
IMG_0243.JPG

I soon found 32mm was a bit long for most of my needs so I bought some smaller ones - 5000 of them!

IMG_0244.JPG

As you can see from the label, the box weighed around 22lbs when packed. I'm afraid my scales bottomed out at 8.5kg so that will give you some idea of the high number of them still left. Main reason for that - and why I'm looking to sell it on - is not long after purchasing the Kreg, I got a Festool Domino. I have used both on some projects and they're still holding together!

Given the weight of the screws, it might make more sense for the buyer to collect. If anyone really wants it posted then it will be courier at cost which I think would add £13.49 to the £150 I'm looking for for the whole lot.

PS: The K5 comes with a dust port (and dust extraction is highly recommended!) and I can't remember what size it was but it didn't fit any hose I had. Eventually I bought a spare hose for a Henry and got that to fit on the Kreg part and then hoses and nozzles from a variety of vacs from Titan to Festool have all worked with it brilliantly. I can remove the modification or leave it in situ as buyer wishes.

Attachments

• IMG_0237.JPG
    IMG_0237.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 929
  • IMG_0238.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 929
  • IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 929
  • IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 929
  • IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 929
  • IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 929
  • IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 929
Okay, now I have two messages, none showing in my inbox nor is there a link in the notification email to reply.

Back