• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold SOLD - Record PT260

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
.................. to a member today. -This Planner Thicknesser was bought new 6 years ago but I should have bought a smaller benchtop model as I dont believe I have used it more than 10-12 times and not at all last year as much of the timber I buy is PAR and I only work on smaller items. It still has the same blades and does an excellent job, as all Record equipment does, but it just takes up space, so time to let go.
Looking at current new prices and the fact that it is in excellent condition, asking £415. I also have a Clarke Dust extractor CDE 1000 at £40 to go with it if needed. Obviously it cannot be seen until lockdown is over and then an arrangement can be made for anyone interested to see it up and running. Located in the B47 area on the outskirts of Birmingham.

Last edited:
Sorry for not including a photo. Here it is and still looking as good.
IMG_5361.JPG

I'd recommend getting on compare sites to send it, I reckon you'd find somewhere for less than £40.
I sent a Gx160 engine via DHL for £12. With insurance.
I used parcel2go.
Just a thought....

Possibly interested Alex. I’m in Scotland though ☹
Hi Steve.
Obviously transport needed and the Instruction Manual states the weight to be 85Kg plus you would need to add the packing and a Pallet (weight?), but transporters should know roughly what that is. Then picked up and delivered.

If you want to find out the cost for someone to collect and deliver to you from B47 5QZ and get back to me, it's up to you, I can unbolt the base to reduce the packing size. I can assure you that it is in good working order and has been well looked after. Apart from the normal wear marking on the plates, it looks as good as when I bought it, so don't worry in that aspect, its' a good machine.

Hi Alex
I would be interested if still available. I am In Worcestershire so pick up would not be a problem- assuming it would fit in a large car?

Hi Alex
I would be interested if still available. I am In Worcestershire so pick up would not be a problem- assuming it would fit in a large car?
Hi Andy, It would fit with the legs taken off. When new, it came in a box and had to be put together, so that could work. Lockdown still being a problem at present although hopefully it may soon ease. Call for a chat if you wish - you have.

Last edited:
Hi Alex,
Interested if the provisional sale falls through. I am in Shirley, Solihull, so collection would be OK (with social distancing and all that).

Hi Alex,
Interested if the provisional sale falls through. I am in Shirley, Solihull, so collection would be OK (with social distancing and all that).
OK, made a note but it may be a while yet as the proposed buyer (Andy) cannot call to see it until the Lockdown will allow.

Latest posts

Back