• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: Jet 1220VS Lathe and Bed Extension

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickN

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought this over a year ago and it has not seen any use by me as I've been having to allocate time elsewhere (hence my lengthy absence from this forum too) - so I've decided the best thing is to sell it on and hope that someone else can put it to good use - I'm sure eventually I'll have time again but that is an unknown at present.

Anyway, up for grabs is this well-used but good condition Jet JWL-1220VS 12" X 20" Variable Speed Wood Lathe, plus 28" cast iron extension that optionally bolts onto the end of the standard bed giving a total of 48" bed length. Everything in the photos is what's included - having had no time to learn wood turning yet I don't actually know what some of the things are for, but I think there's an Axminster Clubman chuck there(?) in the box, plus various other jaws and pieces. The lathe was electrically tested when I bought it and powers up fine, but I've never actually used it.

Specifications are:

Swing Over Bed (In.): 12
Swing Over Tool Rest Base (In.): 9-1/2
Distance Between Centers (In.): 20
Spindle Taper: MT-2
Speed Range: 200 - 4,300
Bed Construction: Cast Iron
Motor Power (HP): 3/4
Height to centre (In.): 13
Length of main lathe (In.): 30 (legs) and 34 overall.

Price: £500, buyer to collect from near Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, or can deliver for reasonable expenses to be negotiated.

qNi1YiP.jpg

xWQhbLB.jpg

Zy735s5.jpg

Back