Soil pipe for DE system.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digizz

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still struggling to work out what type of tubling to use for my DE system. Read the very good US site (the one talking about the cyclone systems etc) and got some tips.

Still trying to find the right bits though - anyone know what the difference is between the grey and brown (underground) soil pipe like screwfix sell? Are they different diameters? (part nos 14129 and 15484). Also, anyone know what a single and double socket refers to? (the pictures weren't obvious).

Ta.

The link I was looking at had all the technical details on the pipe resistivity etc - PVC came out on top as a lower resistance tube over the spiral metal as it's a smoother inside surface. Was quite a difference too if you're making up longish lengths apparently.

Those prices are good though - My father designs HVAC systems and one of his contacts quoted £365 for a full system - and that was meant to be a good price! Don't know what type and quality it was though (he used to do some work for some furniture factories in High Wycombe so I guess he knows his stuff - and it's probably way over speced).

Sorry to digress, a little,
I'm about to go down this road,
but first i want a Record dx4000/ or very similar spec.
If anyone knows of one, either s/h or good price could
they let me know.

thanks, ta, gracias, merci,etc

TX

I got the Scheppach HA2600 - been using it for a while and it seems pretty good.

Don't know how it compares to the record though.

I got the 3hp fox but it's a 4 bag machine (2 collect + 2 filter) it's pretty big and sucks like a hurricane but the 2hp 2 bag is around £150 good value if you ask me

My DE system design currently has two branches out of the extractor going in opposite directions. Anyone know if you should fit a blast gate CLOSE to the extractor so that the unused length is blocked off rather than just bocking off the outlets along it? Does the unused length affect performance in any way (even though there is no air flowing along it?)

Personally I think it makes little or no difference if you have an unused lenght of duct. As long as there is no air flow I think there is no need to block it off with a blastgate. At least I see no benefit in my DC system.

Rgds

Noel

My dust extractor has a double intake. I have a blast gate on one side for the t/saw and thicknesser ant the other side extracts from my band saw ,chop saw, ras,and lathe,through Axminsters 63 mm system, each with its own blast gate. it works a treat as I only open a blast gate for one station at a time.

Thanks Digizz,AP
I'd go for the Fox except i'm a bit tight for space,
hence a drum extractor, which will fit under the rails of my TS.
Unless of course, there is a Fox one?

TX

Black belt in the art of hijacking a thread :oops:

Latest posts

Back