Software for creating websites...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Devonwoody's website has got me thinking. What software are people using to create their websites with?

Adam

MS Frontpage 2000. Not paid for by the way comes free with the computer at work. I do not like it as it is far from wysiwyg. Thanks to help here I did edit some code in html but from someone who struggles with the english language learning something like that is beyond me.

AndyP

I use Dreamweaver (although a fraction of its capabilities) and/or a text editor. Have also used Frontpage before as well as a few others.

Dreamweaver's expensive but nothing I've tried has come close. Although a fairly steep learning curve.

Cheers

Gidon

Serif Publishing Suite SE and a little manual html coding as required. For the latter I found Webmonkey a useful resource, particularly the cheatsheet.

Cheers, Alf

Not a techie in any shape or form - can't you tell? :lol:

Dreamweaver. Like Gidon, I do not use all it's capabilities by any means but it's nice to have the power under the hood. I used to use Frontpage but got fed up with the code bloat and its tendency to spawn files all over your website without asking

Uni gives me a copy of Frontpage 2003 and Dreamweaver too. I always used Frontpage thus far as I find Dreamweaver a little confusing. These are all university sites by the way, not wood related which I haven't gotten around too - no time you see :oops:

For fancy bits I program JavaScript into the HTML

Hi All,
I use Frontpage-it's not bad and pretty easy to get into. Your server needs to be running Frontpage server extensions to get full use though (my server charges £25 a year for the extensions :cry: )
cheers
Philly :D

waterhead37":1jjxmnyb said:
Dreamweaver. Like Gidon, I do not use all it's capabilities by any means but it's nice to have the power under the hood. I used to use Frontpage but got fed up with the code bloat and its tendency to spawn files all over your website without asking

Well, Dreamweaver seems to be the one to get, so I have a <cough> copy wing-ing it's way to be as I speak :wink:

Adam

Back