Soft close drawer slides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience of the soft close drawer slides and cupboard door mechanisms. I know that Blum make them along with several others.

They are the ones that essentially brake the drawer and door action and then slowly close (like a soft eject in a stereo, which as we all know is the only way to decide which one to buy :shock: :wink: :D )

My question is not how to fit them etc but simply to find out how automatic that final closing action is ie if you get your finger between the drawer and the frame does it stop or does it keep closing. I'm thinking especially kids fingers here. I imagine not but I'd like an independent view please.

Cheers

Tim

The piston type door dampers only slow the action of the hinge spring so there is the same force being applied to the door, may be a slight reduction in the chance of slamming your finger but not much. I ahve only played with one of the blum hinges that incorporate the damper into the hinge so can't comment on their effectiveness.

The draw dampers on some makes use exactly the same pistons so the same applies. The blumotion only has a weak spring to activate it so no more risk to fingers than an undamped draw. I don't like the blumotion that much as it seems to make the draw opening less smooth as the damper is "loaded" as the draw is opened.

Jason

Hi jason

jasonB":24sf7ma7 said:
I don't like the blumotion that much as it seems to make the draw opening less smooth as the damper is "loaded" as the draw is opened.

Which system do you prefer?

Thanks
Neil

Latest posts

Back