Social distancing, .. what's that?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After 6 months off school my 10 yr old managed one week back before a teaching assistant tested positive so we are back to home schooling again, his whole class has to isolate for 2 weeks :rolleyes: I can't see how schools are going to manage to stay open.

It's pretty stupid. The assistant should isolate of course as they have tested positive but what is the point of the class doing it, if they have got it, they will already have taken it home so why not be in school together?

After 6 months off school my 10 yr old managed one week back before a teaching assistant tested positive so we are back to home schooling again, his whole class has to isolate for 2 weeks :rolleyes: I can't see how schools are going to manage to stay open.
Mine has gone on strike and is refusing to wear a mask. So are all the school kids across the entire country from what I can make out. They are not enjoying being forced to wear masks. Very cool to think that the children actually have their own minds over this, regardless of what the consequences are for them and for everyone else. Do UK children ever refuse to put up with their miserable conditions? I never did, but that was quite some time ago.

So are all the school kids across the entire country from what I can make out.
I only know of one locally, I'm glad that her mother supported her and the headmaster has finally backed down and admitted she doesn't HAVE to wear it.

Can anyone explain to me why more people are dying of flu than C19?

You may find the answer to your question if read the attached link.

Flu deaths - fullfact

It demonstrates that blind acceptance whatever selective information the media report simply because it fits a preconceived belief is questionable.

Your question would be reasonable only if there were confidence it is based on sound data.

That article just confirms what is being said, just maybe that the numbers are not quite right.

I know you all hate links and videos but the common sense and practicality expressed in this video is so refreshing and restores my faith in humanity. No dodgy scientists here, Harvard, Oxford and Stanford professors.

Well it's a month tomorrow, unless several thousand people die tonight I think you might have just been proved wrong. ;)

Googling "Covid deaths Uk", brings up googles own covid-19 statistics which report that on 1st September there were two reported deaths, while on the 1st October there were 71. You may not consider that a significant increase but most people might.

Last edited:
on 1st September there were two reported deaths, while on the 1st October there were 71. You may not consider that a significant increase but most people might.
On the second of October there were 59 would you call that a significant reduction?

Googling "Covid deaths Uk", brings up googles own covid-19 statistics which report that on 1st September there were two reported deaths, while on the 1st October there were 71. You may not consider that a significant increase but most people might.

Worldometer shows 3 for the 1st and 10 for the 2nd of September, today there were 19 on the 28th there were 13. When you are talking about a tiny number any increase seems huge but in reality it isn't.

From the ONS:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...eredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/latest

• The number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 18 September 2020 (Week 38) was 9,523; this was 288 fewer deaths than in Week 37.
  • In Week 38, the number of deaths registered was 2.8% above the five-year average (259 deaths higher).
  • Of the deaths registered in Week 38, 139 mentioned “novel coronavirus (COVID-19)”, accounting for 1.5% of all deaths in England and Wales; this is an increase compared with Week 37 (40 deaths higher).
  • The numbers of deaths in hospitals and care homes were below the five-year average in Week 38 (365 and 68 fewer deaths respectively), while the number of deaths in private homes remained above the five-year average (711 more deaths).
  • The number of deaths involving COVID-19 increased in six of the nine English regions; the North East and London were the only English regions to have fewer overall deaths than the five-year average.
  • In Wales, the number of deaths involving COVID-19 increased from one death (Week 37) to five deaths (Week 38), while the total number of deaths in Week 38 was 20 fewer deaths than the five-year average.
  • The number of deaths registered in the UK in the week ending 18 September 2020 (Week 38) was 10,784, which was 257 deaths higher than the five-year average but 361 deaths fewer than Week 37; of the deaths registered in the UK in Week 38, 158 deaths involved COVID-19, 48 deaths higher than Week 37.

Can kicking has proved to be a hugely effective way of destroying the economy thats for certain.
Trouble is the can is pretty beaten up now and the population is tired of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back