Social distancing, .. what's that?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only the virus has been isolated but has mentioned above many strains of it have been sequenced. There are plenty of open-source resources that aggregate all the scientific publications on the field like this one (SARS-CoV-2 Resources) where you can find, names, institutions and email address of people that have done what you are asking. A quick google search would also give you the answer you wanted. And yes I am sorry to report that the virus is real, why people still argue about this at this stage is beyond me
Mmm, you can be quite civil when you want to. But there is no one argueing but you

See (above) what I meant when I replied earlier that IMO we don't need another social distancing/Covid thread??? Rorschach is quite right when he says that this is an open Forum and we can all post - and read - whatever we like - WITHIN reason of course. But the post from member artie above exemplifies what I had in mind.

BUT OK, no problem for me - I shall just ignore this thread from now on - as I have done very successfully on the Hancock's Half Hour and Facemask threads (and no doubt, several others too).

Why do you need to respond to a thread (several times) just to let people know you're not interested or won't be reading it?

If it doesn't interest you, just skip over the thread in the first place. Do you walk into shops you're not interested in just let the staff know you won't be shopping there as they don't sell things you like?

And not just you, but several people in this thread. For some reason there is this need to let everyone know "This thread doesn't interest me! and I must let everyone know my opinion!"

... just move on. It's really not that difficult.

I realise mike and ohers really want this stuff to go away and I agree yet I want to make some points to sort of I hope, help it finish. I'm not looking to enter into discussion,just a sort of 'that's it".

This is an era of low concentration span, disconnection and confusing freedom with licence. Every conceivable type of wit and nit wit exists and surrounds us. We, with little knowledge of what is truly 'leadership' call and elect and work for people with little skill commonly shown to generally be psychopaths, prodigious liars and narcissists if not just rotten to the core. They also exist in your bus, your school your locality your religion.

Many things trouble people in our unjust, unstable and warlike society and they are looking for something to resist and destroy..e.g. the BPM rampages of immense injustice to commerce and yet the events still happen.

The virus and the very little actually known about its transmission, longevity and whether a vaccine can see it 'out' over many decades offers an opportunity for a whole range of reactions..and angers and absurdities, especially with 'sport'. Addiction to sport is no different from other addictions other than perhaps incurable. Sport is being used to 'calm the people' whilst the rest, the unaddicted, may wonder 'why???

Surely, and I hate wearing masks even as PPE on sites or spraying harmful chemicals, it's time we just got on with it and wore the masks, ensured the distancing and for the better or worse support each other in the processes and protocol so that we can take it step by step.

If you are a carrier,should you just be patted on the head if somehow infecting others "oh well it's you right to do as you please". My retort is "stop the bitching, whining, faux-expertise, social media nuisance and trying to take sides...or bowing to 'leaders'in denial and that narcissistic ignoramus posturing and parodying his stupidity exhibited in hiring and firing anyone who doesn't meet his kaleidoscopic needs and let's just get on with the business and the personal frustrations will significantly lower ....as they do for incarcerated prisoners. If 80% turned out to be wasted activity but lives are saved I see that as 'well worth the pain'. Look at the task, look at the tools extant and being developed and work with those who see a serious disease issue. If you are right...well, you will be right but if you are wrong....you will be reprehensible. Theoretically all the 'refusers' could be isolated and locked away somewhere and left to fate but much as that thought has potential, it has no practicality. Can we just get on with it without having to fight people who seem to be determined to support the virus through what no one can seriously call 'safe behaviour'. Bear with us through this obligation rather than choice, to support the progress in science which may be what saves mankind...?

I realise mike and ohers really want this stuff to go away ........

Not at all. But there is already a long running corona virus thread, and I can't see any good reason to have another one. In my view, this thread should be merged with the other.

Not at all. But there is already a long running corona virus thread, and I can't see any good reason to have another one. In my view, this thread should be merged with the other.
Why do you concern yourself with what others are posting? There are hundreds of threads I never open, But, it doesn't bother me that they are there.

Why do you need to respond to a thread (several times) just to let people know you're not interested or won't be reading it?

If it doesn't interest you, just skip over the thread in the first place. Do you walk into shops you're not interested in just let the staff know you won't be shopping there as they don't sell things you like?

And not just you, but several people in this thread. For some reason there is this need to let everyone know "This thread doesn't interest me! and I must let everyone know my opinion!"

... just move on. It's really not that difficult.

Yes transatlantic, you're quite right! My second post on this subject (without checking I think it was only 2 in total here) was simply using a later post than my 1st here to underline why my opinion (posted in answer to a question BTW) is that we don NOT need another covid/etc/etc thread.

But yes, as said, you're correct it wasn't necessary and added little or nothing to the "discussion" in this thread.

And in answer to the above Qs about an "Ignore Thread" button, would you believe I found one (well, I assume a similar function anyway). Go all the way to the top of this page (not necessary to go right back to the beginning) and over on the top RH there's an "Unwatch" button (well there is on my screen anyway, I'm using MS Edge BTW. I'll press that as soon as I've posted this and hopefully, it will do what's required.

Going back to the OP, why would anyone bother to socially distance when they see the daily figures? For all intents and purposes no-one is dying from C19 at the moment, even though thousands of cases are occurring every day. The general public are not stupid, they can see this is nothing to be worried about.

Going back to the OP, why would anyone bother to socially distance when they see the daily figures? For all intents and purposes no-one is dying from C19 at the moment, even though thousands of cases are occurring every day. The general public are not stupid, they can see this is nothing to be worried about.

Yes I see you point , only 41,504 deaths so far , Nothing to worry about at all .

I have put in a request to get the ignore a forum or thread feature added to the add-ons for you. This may happen today or tomorrow.

Yes I see you point , only 41,504 deaths so far , Nothing to worry about at all .

No not really. Less than a month of natural deaths and very dubious method of counting. When we see a final excess death figure it will not be very high, certainly no higher than an average flu year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back